We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

We just spent 10 days at Dreams VM. Just flew back in last night. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Jennifer

Baton Rouge, LA
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

How was your overall experience? I've read tons of great reviews! I'm curious what the beach is like...Clear water?

Also, I have read questions about the condos vs. hotel? We booked the hotel so does this include all of the restaurants and all inclusive deals?

Southern California
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

Our overal stay at Dreams was good.

The beach water isn't very clear but it is the Pacific Ocean....if you've been to the Caribbean its nothing like that. The ocean seemed pretty clean, but the beach has lots of seaweed and is not very big from the hotel to the water. You can walk along the beach for miles though.

Yes if you stay with the resort you get all the restaurants, drinks, kids camp, shows....everything the resort has is included. You have to give your room # along with last name to verify who you are. I don't think they have figured out a good way to tell the resort people from the condo people yet.

colorado
Level Contributor
356 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

I am booked to go there in november. How do the palm trees look - are they looking better than "newly planted youngens"? Any other vegetation to speak of - flowers, tropical vegetation, etc? Did you have to wear a wrist band? Were you able to use the chairs on the beach, or are they only for condo owners? Did you go to the rooftop restaurant, and if so, how was that at 1)sunset; 2) under the stars? I'll probably think of more questions, but in the meantime, if you have any helpful hints for any of us newbies to make things run smoother, please feel free to offer them up!

Baton Rouge, LA
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

Thanks, also...is there anything that you recommend doing outside of the resort? Excursions, restaurants, shopping?

What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? Taxi?

Southern California
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

November will be nice, right now its rainy season so it rains pretty much every night.

Palm trees look good. There are some new and some old. If you have an ocean view there is a huge area of green grass and mature trees under the rooms by the street. There is a good amount of green plants and flowers.

No wristbands to wear, but you do have to give your room #/last name over and over and over to tell you apart from the condos. It got to the point wear I would rather wear a wristband.

You can use any beach/pool chair in the place. The only "dreams" pool is right up under the resort. The other pools are all connected and are condo pools. You can use them as well. Big drawback to the pools are the "pool rules" there are lots of them.

1. No drinking anything in any pool

2. Your drink must be outside this line of the outside of the pool.

3. No kids in hot tub

4. No kids in dreams pool.

5. No swim bar

6. Very slow pool/beach drink service

7. No food service at the pools or beach

(full time security is there in make sure rules are being followed)

We've been to other Dreams resorts before (PV, Cancun, Cabo, Rivieria Maya) and never had any pool rules before, so I think its the condo's rules/dreams rules.

The rooftop restaurant is Gohan sushi bar, its more of a lounge bar than a restaurant. They serve 3 different sushi rolls and have a full bar. The sushi was really good! The views were awesome sunsets/stars all great! The whole area is open with only a canvas flag type roof so if it rains the whole place is shut down. They would then do the sushi in the lobby bar in that case.

-Rooms are very nice. We had an ocean view on the 5th floor and it was nice.

-All rooms have a jacuzzi tub on the baloncy.

-The non view rooms are farther away in another tower with just street views.

-The beach is a long walk through the whole resort from your room.

-There are no towel cards or anything like that which is nice.

-No reservations needed for any restaurant.

-Kids camp was awesome!

-Cab ride to PV is expensive ($25)

I'm going to try to upload all my pictures today. Then I can get them online.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Jennifer

Southern California
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

Thanks, also...is there anything that you recommend doing outside of the resort? Excursions, restaurants, shopping?

What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? Taxi?

We've been to Puerto Vallarta 3x. I've done the Rhythm of the Night tour which was really cool. (be careful if you get sea sick, it can be a rough ride)

For shopping go to malecon shops everywhere or for better deals go to the flea market by the river. I've only eated out at Pipis restaurant which was really good, because we always do all inclusive resorts so no need to eat out much.

We always book a transfer before we go to Mexico to pick us up when we arrive, but there are cabs everywhere so they would be easy to get.

Just make sure you go all the way outside DO NOT talk to anyone in the 2 rooms after clearing customs!!! They are all timeshare people. If you want a cab go all the way outside to get one or if you have a transfer waiting they will be in the last room (3rd) one with a sign, then they will show you your name and resort to verify.

I'll try to put up pictures soon if you want to see some of resort/room.

Jennifer

jeff city, mo
Level Contributor
157 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

No drinking in the pool? Are you serious!! Was that strictly enforced?

Southern California
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

No drinking in the pool? Are you serious!! Was that strictly enforced?

Yes its strictly enforced all day long! It was a little much after 10 days being yelled at for drinking.

You have to have your drink out of the pool at all times, if you want a drink you have to either get out, or put most of your body out of the pool on the side. Or just wait and make sure there security is not around....it got really annoying!

I wasn't even drinking anything besideds water since I'm pregnant, and I got yelled at a few times for drinking when I had no drink anywhere near the pool? It was crazy!

We've never heard of such crazy pool rules before anywhere else in Mexico, or any other Dreams resort!

Orange County
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

No kids in in the Dreams pool?

I saw this comment before and called the Dream reservations and of course they denied it. Where do the kids swim? Are they allowed at the condo side?

Also were the water sports occurring? Kayaks? Water tramp?

Do they have sailboats?

Thanks

texas
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams Villamagna - just back, any questions?

sunflowerz- Thanks for all the helpful info. We will be there July 6th for 4 nights and we're really looking forward to it. I know it will be super hot so I'm preparing myself for it.

How many restaurants are there? I forgot?

Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
Recent Conversations