We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

Saw the construction in April. Does anyone know when it will be completed and scheduled to open?

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

I was in Bucerias for a couple of months in the spring and returned to Chicago in the middle of May. At that time, they had made a lot of progress with building the store, but I don't know when it is due to be completed. Sorry.

rincon de...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,158 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

Sorry I don't know when that one opeans but another walmart to open near Costco in PV...

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

The Hwy 200 Walmart isn't open yet. The building looks like it is almost completed, the parking lot is not paved yet.

I'd guess, and it is only a guess, that it will open in the fall.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

I've hear that it is supposed to be open by November. It is looking good so maybe sooner than that???

Wi
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

Just a question for people that live there as I only vacation there yearly. Does the area need another Wal-Mart? Just curious.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

The Walmart that we currently have in Puerto Vallarta is quite a trip from Bucerias (where I live). For me, it will be great to have one close by that I can shop at more frequently. Right now it takes about 40-50 minutes to get to Walmart so I don't shop there often. I'm looking forward to the new one as Walmart usually have excellent fresh vegetable and fruit.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

Although I almost never shop at Walmart in Illinois, I am really looking forward to shopping at the new one that will be in Mezcales. Since I am no longer a vacationer in the PV area and live part time in Bucerias, I sometimes need things for the condo that Mega either doesn't carry or has run out of. As nayarit08 said, it's a long, long ride from Bucerias to the Walmart in PV. (It will also be a good thing for all of the folks who live in and around Mezcales and can afford to shop there.)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

Any news??

toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

Still not open yet.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,452 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Walmart on route 200 near Mezcales?

As of last week it still wasn't open but it was coming along nicely. Still no exterior markings or finishings indicating it was a Walmart. But these things can certainly be done quickly.

As for the need, it's not only convenient for people from the north, but it's better for the existing Walmart across from the Maritime Terminal. It will make it less crowded and perhaps alleviate a deteriorating traffic problem in that area.