We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vendors

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
vendors

Are there as many vendors looking for business in Nuevo as there are in PV? In other words, how many times would you have to say "no gracias" during a day at the beach?

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vendors

Not many at all. I go to Punta Cana 4-5 times a year and there are many more vendors on the beach there than in Nuevo.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: vendors

The only advantage in Nuevo is that you have miles of beach with less concentration of vendors,not to imply there are none but they are concentrated in and around Nuevos resorts. Bucerias on the far north of the beach ends at Bucerias where there are a large number of tourist market stalls like a typical flea market.

They have an extensive variety. There are beach vendors on the Beach along restaurant row that has a dozen or so beachfront restaurants. This is by far the toughest month for beach vendors and its a dreary outlook for them so they just keep pushing things in front of you when all you want to do is relax.Its no fun saying no all day. The south end of the new La Cruz marina has a great beach with no vendors hustlers if your are looking for a real hideway. The beach is great.Its just on the side of the smaller fishing boats,called pangas and its a great little village on the north side of Bucerias.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vendors

Thanks for the info. Anyone else out there who can inform me?

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,485 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vendors

When are you going??? I think that has alot to do with being repeatly asked....we found we were asked more in Nov then we were in Feb (high season).

We found the vendors to be less in Nuevo and Punta Minta but a little less prone to take no for an answer, at least in Nov. Totally understand that as they are make a living....It never bothered me that they were doing this, some people it does.

We stayed at Dreams in PV last Feb and they have a private secluded beach with not many vendors at all who will not approach you unless you show interest in their products. We actually found the best prices, for double weighted blankets, there with a nice man named James. Maybe that would be an option for you??

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vendors

In Neuvo, at hotels such as Marival, RIU, etc. some vendors have little shopping tents set up permanently on the beach. They are very nice, and will wander up and down the strip a couple of times an hour or so, or less. They soon recognize you, and will just give a friendly hello. Don't bother me a bit! They are friendly and quiet funny (esp. the guy that would wear the 'joke' apron and shirts) However, I don't buy things the first day from them, they would probably target you if they think you are a shopper. I usually just visit the tent area anyway. There are some vendors that drive in and walk the strip, but they seem to be fewer and fewer.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vendors

We're looking at Feb. We were in PV two years back and spent our days saying "No gracias". We're beach people and being constantly bothered kinds spoiled the beach part of our vacation. It's nice to know that Nuevo is less vendor intense than PV.

7. Re: vendors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2010, 04:16