We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walmart in relation to Grand Mayan

Thornton, Colorado
Level Contributor
50 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Walmart in relation to Grand Mayan

We are leaving on Saturday and when we arrive, need to stock up for the week for 4 adults so will need adult beverages as well as food and water. Where is the Walmart in relations to the Grand Mayan and is taking a taxi there and back the best way? What should we expect to pay for the 4 of us R/T? Also, is this a super walmart where you can get anything under the sun? Thanks for your help everyone!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,797 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walmart in relation to Grand Mayan

The Wal Mart is located about 10 minutes south of the airport. You will travel north from the airport to the Mayan. Travel time about 30 minutes. The Wal Mart is a super one with everything.

Rather than go there, try the Mega Store which is much closer and has just as much. It is just like the WalMart. Type Mega Store in the search box for info on it.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walmart in relation to Grand Mayan

Actually, señorbobo, I believe the OP is asking about the NEW Walmart that recently opened near Mezcales. Plenty of discussion on it here:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154267-i323-k29388…

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walmart in relation to Grand Mayan

The new Walmart is on Route 200, in Mezcales, a bit to the north of where the Mayan is located. It's huge and it's a super-Walmart. Not sure what the fare would be, but taxis in the area charge by the vehicle, not per person.

Enjoy your trip!

Austin TX.
Level Contributor
268 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walmart in relation to Grand Mayan

i was there 2 sat. ago, the fair is between 50-70 pesos one way, the place is new with plenty of promotions and sale's, I was most impressed with the liquor prices, dos x x beer is around 55 pesos and don Julio tequila was 226 pesos, enjoy

5. Re: Walmart in relation to Grand Mayan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2010, 06:18