We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Villamagna

Chicago
Level Contributor
644 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Villamagna

I am leaving for Dreams Villamagna in two weeks and very concerned about the reviews. I have visited Dreams PV, Cancun, Los Cabos, Huatulco and Secrets Capri and Maroma. The comments do not live up to the Dreams resort standard. Any comments? I am particularly concerned with the mold in the pools?

Toronto
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Villamagna

I'd be interested in hearing as well why this dreams doesn't seem to be meeting the Dreams or Preferred Hotels standards... I'm worried..about 50 of us are going this winter..i picked the hotel based on the Dreams name...i really think that Dreams management should be addressing why the service/food etc. doesn't seem the same as other dreams...and why the showers etc. seem to leak and have not yet been fixed.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Villamagna

I will be there Tuesday for 12 days and reporting "Live" every morning and evening as I will be bringing my laptop.

Toronto
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Villamagna

Awesome! Thanks Bob!

Chicago
Level Contributor
644 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Villamagna

Looking forward to your reviews!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Villamagna

BobNH--- can't wait to read your daily reports as they were a real highlight every morning last winter. Maybe you can get to the bottom of some of less than positive reviews/issues at DVM. It's not the Vallarta Palace... but we had a fun, relaxing vacation there last April. You're a true TA! ~ Laurel

Toronto
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Villamagna

Funny in Canada the Vallarta Palace is rated 4.5 stars with Dreams Villamagna having the same rating as the Riu Palace Pacifico 5+ by sunwing and 5 stars by signature and sunquest .... sigh... let's hope things get better...after all it is supposed to be a "dream".

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Villamagna

We just got from from PV last night and spent from the 20th to the 28th at Dreams Magna...

Service ranged from GREAT (Ivan at the Suger Reef the beach bar closest to the beach, Felissa the hostest who seemed to float through many of the restaurants, Migual (head waiter) Daniel at Porto Fino and also our waiter at Seaside one wet and stormy night when they turned Porto Fino into Seaside, Dori the explorer and her partner in crime Elrondra at the Sushi Bar, Pamela who check us in and then who every morning saw me coming and would have the Sundial copy waiting for me.

Service was bad Victor and his jr server at El Patio Oct 24, were so bad it was laughable, and we made the best of the situation and actaully gave them a smiling face (four stars out of five on the comment card they slammed down halfway through the meal) and tipped them 100 pesos BUT service was bad to rude. I had to ask for water glasses to be refilled four times, every single drink and food order was delivered to the wrong person (table of four) at the end of the meal, my husband asked for a glass of the coffee liquor that was not Kaluha but another brand and was told they only had Kaluha, he politly said he had been drinking it the last four nights at World Cafe and Portofino and they all shared the same bar.....he was told again they only had Kaluha but Victor would see if he could get what Tony has asked for. He seemd quite put out...25 mins later Victor and his server were still AWOL so Tony left the restaurant went down the stairs to the bar that supplies El Patio and got the desired liquer....this is when we just had to laugh. We never returned to El Patio which is a shame because the food was great there.

Was it a true 5 stars no way BUT we were spending 5 stars prices for the stay there. IF I am spending $500 and up per night at Four Seasons ( no food or drink included) or $800 and up a night at Grand Velas (food/drink included) then yes I would consider that to be five stars. I think Dreams needs to tone down their marketting especially untill Baby Magna gets to grow up and mature a little. But for the price we paid we were more then happy and will return here IF the other Dreams is not available. Pools (no mold or broken towels that we saw) and beach were steller until the morning that we left (28th) and Tony spent on the Manta Ray, again a huge thanks to Felissa, Ivan, the doctor and staff who went out of their way to help him.

Chicago
Level Contributor
644 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Villamagna

Thanks for the info!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Villamagna

>>>> BUT we were spending <<< <-------that should have been we were NOT spending five star prices for our stay. We got high ocean view for 8 nights for 2 people for around $1800 Cand....

10. Re: Dreams Villamagna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 05:16