We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rain? really?

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
125 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
rain? really?

Please say it aint so....I just check the forcast for Nuevo, we arrive Saturday for a week at Paradise Village.....and it shows thunder showers almost every day. I hope they are wrong. We're trying to escape the rain up here in the Pacific Northwest.

jilltravler

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,460 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rain? really?

NO worries about it raining here. There could be an odd shower but I doubt it. It hasn't rained here since October. Bring your suntan lotion and hat and leave the umbrella at home!

Have a great trip!

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rain? really?

never pay attention to the forecasts on the web LOL they almost always say rain or clouds for coastal areas. a great site for weather patterns is www.wunderground.com no weather forecast is 100%. this site gives you many options but my fav is the "trip planner". you put in your destination and your specific dates. it gives you actual 10 year history of the weather including temps, rain amounts, cloud cover or sun, etc. i usually visit the caribbean and the east coast of mexico where it is not unusual to have a brief passing shower which during some periods is a welcome relief to the heat and humidity. while not a forecast you can see what the typical and usual weather will be on any given day and actual rainfall amounts if even measurable. hope this helps!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rain? really?

Weather reports always say rain. That's because most of the time it does, but usually at night or for about 10 minutes during the day.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
125 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rain? really?

thanks!

cant wait to get there!

jilltravler

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,721 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rain? really?

I've been in Bucerias since Oct. 5 and the rains stopped at the end of the "Rainy Season", around the end of the month. Last year, my neighbors said that it didn't rain AT ALL from the beginning of Nov. through the end of May, when the Rainy Season started again. Don't worry, be happy!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rain? really?

<<Weather reports always say rain. That's because most of the time it does, but usually at night or for about 10 minutes during the day.>>

Not sure when you meant, but this time of year, it rarely rains. From late October until mid-June, there is virtually NO rain at all.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rain? really?

We arrived in Nuevo Oct 20th the weather fore cast stated rain rain and more rain..My husband had visions of our holidays being rained out.....Oct 21 the tail end of Hurracaine Rick hit and we got wind and rain for most of the day and it was incredible :)

Then we got hard rain from 5-6 on Oct 24,pools were forming at Magna in the lobby, it was surreal and within 20 mins of the sun coming back you could never tell it had rained.

I had heard from my PV friends NEVER trust the weather stations and I believe them.. plus the rain we got??? OMG lovely in that hot climate.

8. Re: rain? really?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2010, 06:18