We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a cardigan in Jan.?

Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Topic
Need a cardigan in Jan.?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is still on the cool side during the evenings and if I should be packing an extra cardigan or so (leaving on Friday)? We just returned from the Riu Jalisco on Dec. 11/09 and for the 2 weeks that we were there we had 3 days of rain and it was unusually cool in the evenings. I am hoping that the temps have warmed up and that there hasn't been any more rain. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,046 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a cardigan in Jan.?

Hi. I think it gets a fraction cooler each month, At least years ago that is what Locals told us. said they wore light jackets in evenings too.

I would take a Light cardigan (I did for Dec., but didn't use it, because NO rain the 2 weeks we went and no wind in evenings.)

It Had rained the morning we arrived and 2 or 3 days prior.., but we lucked out.

Have a wonderful trip, You LUCKY person.... Lol

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a cardigan in Jan.?

In early to mid February it can be cool in the evening and early mornings.

Edited: 03 January 2010, 22:57
Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a cardigan in Jan.?

Thanks guys, I think that I will pack a few warmer tops as I found it to be quite cool at the end of Nov. and beginning of Dec. I can't wait to go back and yes I am very lucky and blessed to be able to spend another week in Mexico.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a cardigan in Jan.?

The inevitable law of travelling says, if you bring the sweater, you won't need it, and if you don't bring it, you'll be looking for someplace to buy one! So bring one along.

5. Re: Need a cardigan in Jan.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 06:19