We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

Wisco
Level Contributor
97 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

Okay - I admit it may sound like a dumb question.... Everywhere we have stayed throughout Mexico, we have seen people bring their own cups (either for size or sanitary concerns - I'd guess size). Dreams seems to be a more upscale resort and I'm curious if anyone has seen this to be the norm at this hotel as well?

Thanks!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

There is no swim-up bar which is where I usually bring my 24oz. Dunkin Donuts cup. You can bring your own if you want but I found the service to be fast enough there where I didn't need one.

Wisco
Level Contributor
97 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

Thanks. The rooms have a coffee pot in them right? I used to bring a big insulated cup down at the Marival for coffee in the AM but if the rooms have a coffee pot I won't bother bringing it along. More space for shoes : )

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

I would still bring my cup, I think once there you will wish you had it. Regardless of service or size, the insulated mugs keep the drinks cold, which is a big plus in my eyes.....nothing worse that warm beer. As for space packing, just stick your sunscreen or something else in the cup.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

We stayed at Dreams PV a few years back and took Bubba Kegs. I am not really sure where the "perception" issue comes from. Bigger unsulated cups are great for keeping drinks cold (or hot) and they minimize the number of times you have to back and fill up. I guess some feel that when they spend a fair amount of money, it is improper to "bring your own" but I certainly don't see it that way. Now, if you immediately chug 44 oz. as soon as it's filled and slam the cup on the bar demanding another, that may be pushing it a bit far. As a guy who spends his time on the beach, where service can be hit and miss depending on the resort, the cups are great.

canada
Level Contributor
430 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

These insulated cups really help the enviroment. LESS WASTE. I applaude people that bring them Is it better to look good, or have the earth feel good?......

6. Re: Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 17:41
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

Its a great question and yes when ever we travel to Mexico we bring our own Bubba keg. I find it keeps drinks cold and less garbage around the pool.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,468 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

>>It is great to offer Coffee maker but what water do you use to make the coffee...??? Only your left over bottled water from the day before..>>>

I have used the tapwater in Nuevo and PV for years when visting as have all my freinds who live there :)

9. Re: Do people bring their own cups to Dreams Villamagna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 05:16