We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
calgary, AB
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

we are thinking of staying in a time share for a week and wouldn't be all inclusive. With a kitchen we would probably want to cook a few meals at home. Is there a place close to go grocery shopping?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

Haven't been up there for quite a while but there was a grocery store in the mall right next door.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

Yes almost right across the street. They have a large liquor area also.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

Yes, the Sunset Market is in the Paradise Village Mall. IMO, the prices are a bit on the high side, but you'd have to pay for a taxi to and fro to go to the WalMart in Mezcales or Mega, further north, so it's a trade-off.

calgary, AB
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

thank you everyone for the quick reply. have you all stayed at Paradise Village, if so would you stay again?

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

Sorry, I can't help you with this one. I live part-time in Bucerias and haven't stayed anywhere in Nuevo Vallarta. Good luck!

los angeles...
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

Hello, My framily loves the place. We have stayed there many times and finally purchased a timeshare on Ebay..

Lots of activities by the pool,large beach,Theme dinners at night.Everything I think is priced O.K..

As stated earlier,The market there is a little high,but how much are you really cooking ? Its a vacation..... Have a great trip,

B.K.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

Sunset Market prices are on the high side, if I was just buying one or two things then it is fine but more then that?? Go to the Walmart or Mega, yes you are factoring taxi there and back but I am sure it is still cheaper I am Canadian and am used to high grocery and liquor prices but the Sunset Market was more then what I was used to.

We have bought the odd bottle of wine or item at Sunset and it is fine for that.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,249 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

bigkid, Paradise Village quoted me $96.00 per person to go all inclusive. I thought this was too much? Opinion?

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

to Alisha1980: Sunset market is high on some items, but within a few cents on many others. It also has a lot of convenient sizes for a one week stay, so it is definitely a trade off (less waste at the end of the week, and less wasted time grocery shopping if that's not your thing.) If you can manage to shop for the whole week on your first day, then a trip to the Walmart in Meszcales might be worth it. We used to stay at Paradise Village and it is a great family resort.

to luv2travelnow: "Paradise Village quoted me $96.00 per person to go all inclusive. I thought this was too much? Opinion?"

I think it's too much - does it include liquor too? $96 can buy a lot of groceries. Personally, found the restaurants at the resort only o.k. Altho' if you've never been before, and IF the $96 includes their theme night dinners, then it might be worth it for you. I can never eat $96 worth of groceries in a day, and don't drink much, so I would not likely pay that much for AI per person. It's fun to go off the resort and get the odd meal. There are getting to be more and more good restaurants in the Nuevo area and then there's always the bus into PV for great restaurants and Bucerias has many eating establishments as well. We like to have breakfast in our own unit, but mix up where we have lunches and dinners depending on how we feel.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,249 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa- grocery shopping close?

Well, I don't cook on vacation and we're not big drinkers. (Maybe the 7:30 tee times are too sobering.) I am looking forward to being able to fix myself simple things like a tomato sandwich and beverages but my kitchen will be closed

I have stayed in PV a gagillion times and there is no way I think the the two of us could spend $200. a day eating and drinking. ( Our first trip to Nuevo) I am somewhat attracted to the convenience factor. I'm going to skip it. Between some in room preparations, some onsite meals and a touring around for dinner, I think we'll be betteroff with a lot more variety? Thanks so much for the imput, Mile0!

Edited: 11 February 2010, 13:08