We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did anybody with a small child tried any canopy tour?

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Did anybody with a small child tried any canopy tour?

My child is 8 years old and has only 46 lbs (3'10" height). On the net I read that he can do the Los Veranos Canopy tour. Did anybody with a small child tried this Canopy tour? Is it safe? Is any other canopy tour better for him or I should try other trip? He wants to go on the ziplines.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did anybody with a small child tried any canopy tour?

We took a zip line tour with Vallarta adventures several years ago and there was a child about that age on the trip with older brothers, uncles, etc (family "guy" thing.) He was the youngest child in the group and scared spitless. He changed his mind about going part way through. It was disruptive for the rest of us and a little disturbing for some of us because this boy's dad kept insisting that he try harder to like it instead of going back with the child and waiting for the rest of the group to finish. He finally did give up and take the kid back. The Vallarta staff were very understanding and tried to keep both the kid and the dad happy - impossible and a little sad. Not sure what to tell you. If the kid was not afraid it would have been fine, because they really tie you in. Kid also has to realize he must follow instructions very carefully so that they don't get stopped half way thru a zip line from one point to another and also knows how to slow down so they don't go slamming into the next station. We enjoyed it. Our kids were teenagers and loved it.

denver
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did anybody with a small child tried any canopy tour?

I took my then 5 year old on Zip Lines in the Riviera Maya and he had the time of his life! We went cliff jumping, swimming in the cenotes and swam in the ocean to look at Sea Turtles as well. He is little but has zero fear (smallest boy in his class). It all depends on your little guy. If you trust him and it's something he really wants to do (and you aren't forcing him) then I say go for it, it's something you guys will talk about forever.

In response to the previous poster there are plenty of adults who get scared sh#tless on the Zip-Lines as well. :)

Edited: 24 February 2010, 17:27
los angeles...
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did anybody with a small child tried any canopy tour?

My daughter of 9 did this 3 years ago with Los Veranos.Everybody was great there.Made sure of safety and instructions.The guide went on 1 with her and let her go backwards.It was a blast !!!

Go for it.Have fun.

Utah
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did anybody with a small child tried any canopy tour?

Just did Los Veranos in January with 5 children ranging in age from 6 to 11. Although my 7 year old nephew was scared at first, he quickly got over it and had a blast. My 6 year old daughter, who loves roller coasters and other amusement park rides, did great! She was so brave and excited and wasn't at all scared. All the other kids had a wonderful time as well. The tour guides there are helpful and efficient, and a time or two hooked the kids together and they all zipped at the same time. It was a memorable experience for the whole family. Highly recommended.

Edited: 25 February 2010, 17:56
Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did anybody with a small child tried any canopy tour?

Thank you all for your responses! They make me think more about this , maybe I'm the one that is not sure about ziplines, not my kid. I saw plenty of other nice trips, it is dificult to choose only 2 or 3 trips (we'll be there only for 6 days).

Thanks a lot for your advise!

6. Re: Did anybody with a small child tried any canopy tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 05:15