We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

NYC, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

Going to Villamagna on the 8th of march. I keep on hearing about Bucerias. Is it worth it? what is there to do?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

Bucerias is a smaller town just north of Nuevo Vallarta. There is alot to see and do there. We have a flee market, lots of shops, the Bucerias Art Walk plaza, and Many restaurants. It is worth a trip to check it out. The main town square is where the flee market is, and many shops are to the north of the square. On the other side of the foot bridge is the street called Cardenas. There are many neat "artsy" type of stores on this road. I'm sure you would think it was a good day trip off the resort.

Have a great trip!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,487 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

Honestly it would kill me staying in Nuevo and knowing Bucerias was down the highway and not visting it at leasat once.

It would be like being in Fullertown CA staying on Harbour BLVD and knowing that Disneyland was on same street 10 mins away.

except for Bucerias is wayyy cooler then DLR ;D

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

If you are staying at Villa Magna and not Dreams then you have to prepare your own food. Check out Yo Yo Mo's for a night out and GREAT Pizza.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

Welcome to the TripAdvisor! There's another post here by some folks who will be staying at the Vallarta Palace soon and they asked the same thing. Be sure to check it out and take a look at the Bucerias Forum, too.

It's a wonderful little town; but I have to say that since I'm one of the Destination Experts for Bucerias. Seriously, there's a lot to do and the town has a great "Mexican vibe". I wouldn't have bought property there and live there part-time if it wasn't.

Have a great trip and let me know if I can help any further.

canada
Level Contributor
431 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

Can't wait to visit Bucerias, it will be the 1st time. We love the pacific coast, right from Puerto Escondidos to Zihuatanejo to PV. So moving up a bit to Bucerias area is exciting. Love a fishing village too. Leave a week friday, totally stoked. Any advice or tips are appreciated too. Gonna check out the Bucerias forum as stated above too.

colorado
Level Contributor
356 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

OP (your name is too hard!) : I am an average coupon clipping mom; coupon using out to dinner type of gal, and I stayed at villamagna, so I have somewhat of a flavor of what you may expect when you stay at a place like villamagna; when I went to bucerias the first time, I was almost scared to get outta the cab! It's nothing like you'd expect - a small 2block by 2block town of little hole in the wall stores; yes, there are restaurants (and they are out of the 2x2 "shopping venue"), they are hole in the wall lookin' too. Very primitive compared to what we might think of as a "town". More downscale than downtown PV. And their "market" : it's alley-ways with people setting up "shops" which are actually tarps over carport-like spots: like you're local "flea market" in the parking lot of a large venue, except these are "alleys". Pretty much, I found, that all the same stuff they were selling, were the same things I could've bought from a beach vendor in my bikini on the beach at hotel! Others may protest - maybe bucerias is great for food, restaurants, ; but don't expect much from the shopping! Just my humble opinion!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

There is sooo much more shopping in Bucerias than just the market. If you walk south over the foot bridge towards the Royal Decameron, there are all kinds of unique shops. There are many north of the square also. Just don't walk around the market, there is much more to this town.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,487 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

It is a charming Mexican village and I can't imagine anyone scared of the Bucerias I have seen.....I am sure there are bad parts to it just as there are in any city, town or village. Not sure what part of post 6 I l disagreed with and shook my head at more

>>>>yes, there are restaurants (and they are out of the 2x2 "shopping venue"), they are hole in the wall lookin' too. Very primitive compared to what we might think of as a "town". More downscale than downtown PV. <<<<<

You mean like this????

http://marksbucerias.com/

Or this

karensplacebucerias.com/karensplacebucerias/…

something a little less fine but still great

http://www.tapasdelmundo.com/

I love Bucerias and find the shopping for gifts, Retinal -A, blankets and such the prices are much better in Bucerias then in PV.

Elenamex sent me this website link and it is wonderful site to get to know Bucerias.

bestofbucerias.com/subcategory_best_local_se…

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

Thanks, Quincytoo, you took the words right out of my mouth! I'm starting to think there are 2 types of people in this world. Those who love Bucerias and those who hate it, just like those who either love Mexico or really hate it.

I happen to be one of those who loves both, but I can understand the opinion of others. Last spring, a couple of friends from Illinois went down to Bucerias with me for a week. The wife was cool, but the husband was nervous and uncomfortable the entire time and couldn't wait to get home. Different strokes for different folks.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
931 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bucerias Worth it? Villamagna March 8th.

I love it Quincytoo. Good job posting the links. We were there last summer and since we were staying in a condo in NV, we did most of our meals in Bucerias. Amazing meals, amazing scenery. Another beautiful, charming place was Mezzogiorno. So beautiful. Definitely would not call this place a hole in the wall.

As others have said, different strokes......

Go, enjoy Bucerias.