We just got back from PV and would like to share the recent money exchange experience.
- The airport is the worst place to exchange your money. The rate is almost 2 Pesos less than the hotel and any Money exchange places in town.
- If you need Pesos with you when you arrive at the airport and if you are AAA number, AAA office has a Pesos tip pack with a reasonable exchange rate.
- The hotel (Marriott) also gave us a fair exchange rate which was 1.40 pesos higher that the airport.
- You can buy things at Wal Mart and pay with US dollars, you will get Pesos back but with the highest exchange rate of all.
- Most restaurants will accept US Dollars. They usually post the daily exchange rate. All of them give you a better rate than the airport exchange booth.