We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finding a place in PV...

San Diego
Level Contributor
124 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Need help finding a place in PV...

My wife was down in PV years ago. She talks about going on a boat to a place where they had to jump off and then swim/wade to a nice beach/area where you could suntan; walk the beach; hike into the surrounding area...

She also thought there may have been a movie filmed there.

This was back in the early 80's.

Anyone have any idea what this is ?

Is it still around?

thanks,

pH

Colorado
Level Contributor
366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help finding a place in PV...

I know that "Casablanca" was filmed in PV. The house where Richard Burton & Elizabeth Taylor lived is a now a tourist attraction called Casa Kimberly. But your wife might be talking about Mismaloya, where "Night of the Iguana" was filmed. I took a tour years ago where they pointed out the set where it was filmed (I think it's a restaurant now), then took us by boat to a little Island that was a jungle. We snorkled, rode horses, went to a waterfall. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the island, but I know there are tours to more than one island near PV. It might be Marietas, but there are others. It's not much help but maybe that will give her a clue, or maybe someone else will be able to help?