We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

Calgary
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

I'm getting a little nervous over recent posts regarding this hotel! We arrive on Dec. 27. I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows if you are allowed to have guests over for the day. We have friends who will be in Puerto Vallarta at the same time and thought is would be nice to have them visit....the pool/river sounds so nice.

Also, does the Grand Mayan have shuttles from the airport? We booked privately through a timeshare owner and not sure if we need to find our own way there.

Thanks for the help!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

This place is awesome, but the security guards (we called them helmet heads) that are all over making sure you have on the silver braclets or ankle braclets (we didnt want them on our wrists). We stayed next door at the Mayan Palace & we walked through the place a couple times & they never said anything to us. Then one day we went over to hang out at the pools for a day & they gave us the towels & inner tubes to use & never said anything to us, then my husband & friend walked down to the beach for awhile & when they came back the guard (helmet head in safari outfit) wasn't even gonna let them back in to get their stuff or anything! Right away he was on his radio & you'd of thought we committed murdur! We were asked to leave, whatever! I was also told by the checkin people we could go over there if we wanted. Not true. So I would say try & get a managers WRITTEN permission for your friends to vist. Good luck! Oh, no shuttles from the airport unless you get hooked by a timeshark, they'll do anything to get you on the hook, so BEWARE!!

Calgary
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

Yikes! Maybe we'll visit our friends in PV! How much would cab fare be from the airport (2 adults, 2 children)....around $30.00US??

Thanks for your help islands.

City of Kawartha...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

Hi welovesoccer,

We are going to the Grand Mayan in January and have been communicating with them about meal plans and also transportation to/from the airport. Here is an exert of the transportation information they have provided:

Thank you for your request, we do provide transportation from the airport to the hotel. The cost is:

$ 26 USD ( 1 or 2) ,

$ 13 USD per person(3-4 people),

$ 10 USD for more than 5 )

If have a lot of luggage there will be an extra charge. This price is one way only.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

I would be curious to hear more about the meal plans. I am going in July and am anxious to hear more. I have read all the reviews and I am going with friends who have a time share.

Thanks for the info -- keep it coming!!!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

Welovesoccor, where are your friends staying in PV? Some of those places are the some way. Kind of just depends. You'd think that if your there spending money (eating & drinking)they would love to have you, but some don't want you anyways. I've stayed in alot of places in PV some let you some don't.

Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

You're on vacation! Of course you can have people over to your place. Its not a military compound. Just do what you want to do and don't worry about it. If you run into a problem a smile and a good attitude will open a lot of doors. If you use the Hotel Shuttle you'll pay a premium for it. $26 for 2 is robbery. The airport is pretty close to the hotel and there are plenty of cabs right outside. Faster and cheaper. How many in your party? Kids? We'll be there at that same time.

Calgary
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

Thanks everyone. I found a previous post that suggests walking over the overpass at the airport to catch a yellow cab...as it will be less expensive. Does anyone know how far a walk this would be?....we have two children...9 and 7.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

I've been told by a local that those cabs across the street are not that much cheaper anymore and its not worth it to schlep your stuff all the way over there for a dollar or two. Hey, we have a 7 yr old too. Would you like to meet while we are there?

Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

puertovallarta.net/fast_facts/airport_taxi_r…

10. Re: Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2006, 17:17