We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on golf in PV and the surrounding areas.

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Golden Isles of...
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on golf in PV and the surrounding areas.

My husband (a good golfer) and I (a not so good golfer) will be staying for 2 weeks in Nuevo Vallarta in Jan. This is our first visit so I would appreciate any info. anyone has about the golf courses in the area. We will have a car and do not mind a drive for a good golf experience. I understand the 2 Nicklaus courses in Punta Mita are strictly private. Does anyone know if that is true or can others get on?

Would appreciate any replies - thanks in advance.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on golf in PV and the surrounding areas.

This is with respect to golfing in the Punta Mita area. Here's a link that may help you. It's true that the courses inside the gates are only for residents and guests but there's a new course about 5 minutes away--at Litibu-- which is supposed to be very good and it is open to the public.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g499443-i9235-Punt…

Higuera Blanca...
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
Level Contributor
868 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on golf in PV and the surrounding areas.

Here's another link to the Litibu Campo de Golf information:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499443-i9235-k352…

United States
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on golf in PV and the surrounding areas.

The course closest to NV is Flamingos which is a very good course. There are also a Weiskopf and Nichlas course at Vista Vallarta.

Saratoga, CA
Level Contributor
656 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice on golf in PV and the surrounding areas.

There are two other courses in Nuevo Vallarta besides Flamingos -

The Mayan Palace golf course (Nayar Golf Course) in Nuevo Vallarta is currently undergoing some renovation. They are supposed to be opening the new Nicklaus back nine sometime this week, which should be pretty nice based on photos from the Nicklaus Design website. It will wind along the Nayar River and will have water on a number of the holes. However, i see reports that Holes #1 & #2 are now closed while Nicklaus renovates them. I understand this will be an ongoing hole-by-hole process as they completely refurbish the front nine. Once the process is complete (probably in a year or so) the course should be pretty nice. The up-side is that they may have some lower "construction pricing" in effect while this is being done.

Another option in NV is the El Tigre course at Paradise Village. I haven't played it, so I can't comment on the quality of the course. Sorry

Curt

5. Re: Need advice on golf in PV and the surrounding areas.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2011, 07:17