We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walmart, Mega, or similar near the Marival?

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
827 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Walmart, Mega, or similar near the Marival?

We're leaving Friday for the Marival and traveling with our baby. I'd rather not pack baby food, diapers and wipes for our whole vacation so I'm wondering if there's a Walmart or something similar close by the Marival where I can buy some of this? If so, can you tell me the best way to get there? Thanks!

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walmart, Mega, or similar near the Marival?

I would ask the taxi driver who takes you from the airport to stop briefly at the WalMart in Mezcales or at the Guadalajara Pharmacy on Route 200, which is a lot like a Walgreen's. You can stop in to purchase these few items before he takes you to the Marival. (The Mega is further up on Route 200, just as you're getting into Bucerias.)

Hope this helps.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walmart, Mega, or similar near the Marival?

From the hotel, a cab to Walmart or Mega should be 60 or 70 pesos, I'd guess. If you are bringing enough supplies to get started, go ahead and get checked into the hotel and relax after traveling with the baby. Then the next morning, make a Walmart or Mega trip. Everyone will be much less frazzled then.

The prices would be comparable at Mega and Walmart, somewhat higher at Farmacia Guadalajara, and I'm not sure about the baby food selection at FG.

Enjoy your trip!

Edited: 27 July 2010, 06:41
St. Paul
Level Contributor
157 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walmart, Mega, or similar near the Marival?

We traveled with a 6 month old baby in March and stayed at Dreams Villamagna condo right next to the marival. My daughter brought just enough to get started and we went to the WalMart in mexcales to buy what else she needed. She did by baby water to make bottles with there because she didn't want him getting a bad tummy. It cost $6.00 each way and was very easy to take a cab. You can get one right outside the Marival. WalMart had brands that they carry in the states so you should have no problem. Enjoy your trip

4. Re: Walmart, Mega, or similar near the Marival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 06:17