We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa del Palmar Flamingos

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
240 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Villa del Palmar Flamingos

Hola! My parents are heading down to either Bucerias or Nuevo Vallarta next month for their 30th anniversary. They have found a really good price on the Villa del Palmar Flamingos. They just had a couple of questions. Do the junior studios have an ocean view? Are they on higher floors? Thanks in advance.

Saratoga, CA
Level Contributor
656 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos

Villa Del Palmar Flamingos is laid out in a U-shaped configuration and almost all of the units are staggered so they face the ocean, although in reality, only the larger units on the ends of the U are ocean front.

However, VDPF is a timeshare resort and the developer rents out the excess unsold inventory. Unfortunately, quite often priority of room assignments is given to the owners at TS resorts. I'm not sure if that's the policy here or not. The good thing is that October is typically a little slower and less crowded in Nuevo, so it may not be a full house. I would make sure your parents tell the clerk that they are down to celebrate their 30th when they check-in. Maybe they'll get lucky and get an upgrade...

Edited: 16 September 2010, 08:17
Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos

because this is a highly popular timeshare facility all owners get priority rooms and in some of the owner contracts they also get free upgrades to larger rooms and higher floors if they are available. priority for the higher floors is also given to owners first as they offer the best views because of the palm trees. if they are booking through an agent they should tell the agent immediately that this is a 30 yr anniversary trip. a good agent will make sure the resort is aware at the time of booking. i would also follow up with the resort directly prior to arrival to make sure they are aware of the trip's significance and make sure to tell the desk clerk upon arrival. there's still no guarantees regarding location but i have found that giving the resort a little knowledge beforehand makes a big difference for those special occassions when the resort can accomodate. this is a very nice resort and i'm sure they'll enjoy their stay!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
240 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos

thanks for your quick responses! i'll pass along the messages. it's greatly appreciated.

Salt Lake City Utah
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos

I'm an owner there and have stayed many times. No one can prebook a specific room or floor, but you can ask on check in. It is a great place to stay,but on check in,they will assign you someone to go over the resort layout with you. This is a set up for the timeshare tour. Make sure they say no right off the bat and they will leave you alone. It can be be pretty high pressure if you are not an owner. Even the owner updates can be stessful. Last month I sat through one to get an update on the new points system they have and spent 3 hours at it before I got up and left. Beyond that, it is a great place

5. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 05:34