We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Austin TX.
Level Contributor
268 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to walmart in Nuevo

Last Oct, while staying at paradise village my party and i took a cab to the walmart in Nuevo, this year Nov 27-3 I'll be again staying at paradise and being that it's cooler during this time of the year i was hoping to take the bus. I know that buses run downtown but do they go toward the walmart,thanks

toronto
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to walmart in Nuevo

I'd also like to know this..also does Mega or Walmart have best selection of food, wine, etc.? Thx.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,078 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to walmart in Nuevo

I think it is easier to take the bus to the Walmart in PV. close to the Cruise ship terminal.

You can do a Search in the Bucieras forum., Canchick. for your question.It's been answered there.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to walmart in Nuevo

I wouldn't personally go to the Walmart in PV at this time due to traffic delays associated with the bridge over the Ameca that collapsed last month.

You should be able to take a taxi to the Walmart near Mezcales for $7-8, not exactly a show-stopper. If you'd like to take the bus for the experience, yes, it can be done. The problem is you need to transfer to another bus at the main highway. The intersection where you make the transfer was recently changed significantly (a new overpass opened Oct 8), so I'm not sure exactly how the transfer works now. Perhaps somebody else could provide some current information.

I like the Mega more than the Walmart, but that's just a personal preference. If you take a cab from the Nuevo area to the Mega, ask them to go via the beach road to Flamingos (where the Riu hotels are) - it's a more scenic and relaxing ride, and not really any longer.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to walmart in Nuevo

Be careful taking the bus. Last February when we were there an elderly couple got pick pocketed while exiting the bus near walmart in Nuevo. I guess they were pretty slick, they got both of the old man's wallets.

5. Re: Bus to walmart in Nuevo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 05:15