We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach vendors

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Topic
Beach vendors

Are the beach vendors in NV a nuisance. I hate to use such a harsh word, but on the main beaches in PV they were rude, pushy and inconsiderate. I had more than one wake me while I napped, whistle at me while I was reading a book, etc.

We started staying at Dreams PV, and with their secluded beach the vendors were limited, and very friendly and non intrusive.

We are staying at Grand Velas and love to sit on the beach, so I'm kind of curious as to what I'm in store for.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach vendors

I find them friendly and not a bother. I usually visit the huts, to shop, and they ignore me otherwise.

Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach vendors

I guess part of the question is are there swarms of vendors on the beach, or is it a little more low key than PV. On The main open beach areas in PV there could be 30 vendors within 20 yards of you - are the beaches in NV just as filled with them, or is it a little less overwhelming?

Please don't get the wrong impression. We became friendly with some of the vendors at Dreams - my wife even brought one a huge bag of beads that were more expensive in PV than the states as a gift last time we went, I just have a bad memory from when we stayed at the Fiesta Americana and the Sheraton where there were so many vendors and they were so pushy.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach vendors

Hey Bruce :) I would say Nuevo vendors are much less pushier then PV vendors but Dreams vendors are a little less pushier then Nuevo vendors. We find Nuevo vendors to be mostly friendly and respectful of your personal space :)

Hey,,,,,,question about Vegas....Mr.Qt booked us a 10 day Mex Riv cruise leaving Jan 5 we are going to stop in Vegas from Jan 2 - 5 then fly down to LA.....Right now we are looking at MGM Grand or The Mirage..MGM we can get for $55 a night and Mirage for $60......I can not believe how stupid stupid cheap it is,...What one would you suggestÉ We want to be kinda in the middle of everything.

Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach vendors

Hi Quincy. We'll be in Vegas from 12/31 - 1/3, then on to Nuevo for a week.

As for location, your two choices are both decent, but I prefer the area by the Mirage a little better. It's closer to the newer high end places like Wynn and Venetian. Plus MGM is just so huge that despite the fact that I've always been happy there, it is kind I'm impersonal. I think you would be pretty happy at Mirage.

If you go there, make sure you go to breakfast at Bouchon at the Venetian. It is truly a special meal as weird as it sounds. Just spectacular.

If you have any other Vegas questions, feel free to pm me - I known that town pretty well!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach vendors

LOL We are going to be in Vegas and Banderias Bay the same time, our PV cruise stop is Jan 10 or 11th. Grand Velas is on my list of places to stay, Tony (Mr.Qt) is afraid that I will be impossible to vacation with after that ;D

I think I have soo many questions Vegas wise but I have no idea where to start asking...we have never been there, any advice would be great :)

Mirage sounds wonderful and we are leaning towards it over MGM and will try breakfast at Bouchon YUM :)

Tony wants to go to a Beatles show called Love ..I do not know anything about it....he seems pretty stoked.

Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach vendors

Love is the cirque show at the Mirage. i don't love cirque shows, but this show was spectacular. If you like the Beatles (and who doesn't), the show is a blast. There is a ton to see, and the music is great - I can't recommend it enough. I would advise that you don't want the closest seats. It's a big stage and there is lots to see, so the second level of seats provides the best view of the whole stage.

There's a ton of great food in Vegas, so you just have to review TA for a while, and then if you have specific questions I can try to answer. If you aren't big gamblers, you will want to check out other shows, and I would advise to start looking now as the good ones do sell out. The mid range shows you can usually get at the half-off ticket booth the day of the show if that's your cup of tea. Let me know what shows you may be interested in and I can let you know if i think you need to buy them now or then.

Any other questions - keep them coming.

7. Re: Beach vendors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2011, 07:16