We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Protestant - evangelical churches in Nuevo Vallarta

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Protestant - evangelical churches in Nuevo Vallarta

I'm wondering if there are any protestant, prefer evangelical, churches in Nuevo Vallarta. We are staying at the Mayan Sea Garden by the Ocean Breeze Hotel, on Av Paseo de las moras, Fracc Nautico Turistico. Thank you!

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Protestant - evangelical churches in Nuevo Vallarta

Welcome to the Trip Advisor!

Nuevo Vallarta isn't really a "town", it's mainly a collection of resorts and condo buildings. I don't think there are any churches in NV, but there is a protestant church nearby in Bucerias. See www.lafuentebucerias.org for directions and info about La Fuente Church.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Protestant - evangelical churches in Nuevo Vallarta

Thanks so much for sending this reply!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Protestant - evangelical churches in Nuevo Vallarta

There actually is a Catholic church in Nuevo. It's located in the area of Paradise Village, right beside the horrifyingly ugly new business center.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Protestant - evangelical churches in Nuevo Vallarta

Thanks for that info, OT_Bound. I've heard that there are non-denominational Sunday services at one or more of the resorts in NV, but I don't know anything about them. Maybe someone else will write in and let us know.

(I'm not Catholic, but I've been to Masses in Bucerias and La Cruz and I've been very impressed with the togetherness and community spirit at both of them. I enjoyed going to Spanish-language Masses.)

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Protestant - evangelical churches in Nuevo Vallarta

While not in Nuevo, we go each year to Calvary Chapel in Puerto Vallarta..

http://www.calvarypv.com/

The Sunday morning service is translated in both Spanish and English and the Sunday evening service is English. It's in the hotel zone, so not a long cab ride from NV. They also have a mission in one of the PV neighborhoods where they have an after school program for the neighborhood children and provide food for families of children that attend throughout the week. When we were there they were teaching english as a second language, computer skills and assisting with homework. We try to get to the mission once each visit.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Protestant - evangelical churches in Nuevo Vallarta

Thank you so much! This is awesome; I'm pretty sure we will attend. May God bless you!

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Protestant - evangelical churches in Nuevo Vallarta

Does anyone know what time the catholic mass would be in bucerias? Staying at Riu Jalisco Mar 5th for a week. Thanks

8. Re: Protestant - evangelical churches in Nuevo Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 06:19