We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

See the headline!!??!! Reading the reviews and everything I can get them for the same price. Should I switch? Let me tell you what I am looking for....

We are a couple in our mid 30's looking for a nice room room, decent variety of food, great service and relaxation. What would anyone of you EXPERTS recommend? HELP!!!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,851 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

So which Dreams did you book, Dreams or Dreams VM as you posted this on the PV forum also???

Dreams VM is very new (2 years). Long stretch of beach that you can walk for miles in either direction. Top shelf liquor, great food, no reservations needed for dinner, 3 pools, big modern clean rooms thet all have a jacuzzi on the balcony. Mini bar with water, soda, beer and juice refreshed daily.

Service is outstanding. It's always "what can I get you" and "my pleasure" when they do.

We were there for 2 weeks last May and have booked 2 more this May.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

Yes, I am a little confused as I saw the other header on the PV thread. I have stayed at both Dreams and they are both lovely, Dreams PV has a much nicer but much smaller beach, Dreams VM has the bigger newer pools,. both have great beaches compared to VV, Dreams food and service is top notch and this is coming from someone who does not like the AI experience but tolerates it because her DH does like it.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

It is VM not PV. I just got slightly concerned with some of the recent reviews being bad. Trust me I am pretty "easy" to please, but I also listen to TA as well.

BOB You sold me before on it, so I am sticking to it. :-) We love Neuvo for the beaches. Just buyers/vacationers remorse. LOL

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

We stayed at the Dreams Villa Magna a couple of years ago and had a great time. We found the food, rooms, service, etc. to be great. Have not stayed at the Velas Vallarta but from what I have read, it appears to be very nice. We will be staying again for the second time in the Villa Magna condos which are right there with Dreams VM. We like the fact that one of the pools is heated and the location on the beach is ideal as I like to walk every day and can go either way for a considerable distance. I have read some of the negative reviews on Dreams VM but as you know you can not satisfy everyone all the time.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

No need to worry or stress, you will LOVE Dreams VM!!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
251 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

I just returned on Saturday from Dreams VM (stayed there for 7 nights). My review is currently pending. You have nothing to be worried about! I couldn't have asked for or wanted anything better! The service was outstanding, the food was excellent, top shelf booze, beautiful beach, and totally relaxing. I was there in May and June of 2009 and I believe that this past time they have actually improved. AAA has rated them a 4 diamond hotel for 2011.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

Thank you Aimee! I know I get on here and see bad reviews and it puts me on "freakout" mode. Haha I know that as long as I have sun and nothing else to do I will be just fine. I think the only thing that worried me was that was I going to get what I wanted for the price. Any tips for me? What kind of room did you have?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
251 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

You're welcome! We had a preferred oceanview room on the 6th floor. I loved the room, our view, really everything! You could leave the balcony open and get a nice breeze and sleep to the ocean's roar, or shut the door and not hear anything. I love how sound-proofed the rooms are there. The only thing I could hear would be our neighbors slamming their door shut, all the other noises were totally blocked out. My tip: do not pay for preferred club as it's not worth the extra money (they gave us a free upgrade).

Not sure how much you spent on your vacation. I had booked the 6 apple square deal, so our vacation was a total steal. However, the service was phenomenal! I felt like a celebrity by having so many different people literally catering to me.

Let me know if you have any questions; I'm more than happy to answer them!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
251 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

Hold on a second....can you get the Grand Velas for the same price as Dreams VM? IMO if you can stay at the Grand Velas Vallarta for the same price as Dreams VM, I would go with the Grand Velas. Now, I've never personally been to the Grand Velas, but it's ranked #2 and if I was spending that kind of money is the resort I would go with....just my 2 cents :)

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP!! Booked Dreams VM but rethinking Velas Vallarta! HELP

I dont think it was the Grand Velas. Just Velas Vallarta. I think I am cool with Dreams VM. Did you get any spa treatments there at all or use the fitness room? I am curious as to how those are. Was all their beer on tap as well other then what you got in the mini bar in the room? I am bringing my own bloody mary mix I think. haha That is one thing I miss while in Mexico. To much Clamato everywhere! ;-) I figured that would be easier then making my own mimosas!

Any other tips? Towels/chairs by pool? Restaurants?

So you had good drink service then while you were there? I am for sure a tipper and I do it everytime at least 1-2 USD. When we were at the Riu vallarta last year, we couldn't get drink serivce when we tipped DOUBLE! lol That was probably my only complaint. I don't mind getting up and getting my own drink, but everytime is a pain! :-) I am on vacation.