We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa del Palmar Flamingos and surrounding area

Sacramento...
2 posts
Save Topic
Villa del Palmar Flamingos and surrounding area

Second time in PV. Staying at the Flamingos early May 2011, can I get updates on restaurants and Flamingos effieicny/studio rooms, distance to downtown Puerto Villarts, other general information.

My thanks

Carl

Piaf
££££, French
Manao Cebicheria
££ - £££, Seafood, Healthy
Azur
££££, French, European
Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos and surrounding area

We're going back 7-14 May. Were there 3 years ago and had a blast. Good eats all over in Bucerias. Type in Best of Bucerias on your search engine to show some of the resturants and bars. We stayed in a 2 bedroom and the 2nd bedroom was a lockout studio. Big enough for 2 for sure. About 20 miles to downtown PV. $25 cab ride, cheaper and slower by bus. $6 cab to Bucerias and the Mega. You can walk the beach to Bucerias. 30-45 minutes depending on pace. It is a chore. This year we're doinng 3-4 days AI at the resort and then the end of the trip we're doing PV, Punta de Minta and Bucerias. Hollar or send an IM if ya got more questions. See Ya

Mentioned in this post
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Sacramento...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos and surrounding area

My thanks Davealieve for the info, enjoy VdP Flamingos

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
43 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos and surrounding area

Just returned from Flamingos. 1 bedroom has a Murphy bed in the living room plus a kitchen, living room, dining room and bedroom.

Restaurants in Bucerias:

Luna Luna - had a fantastic shrimp & pineapple sandwich - very inexpensive.

Meson Bay - Wouldn't recommend - kind of pricey for the atmosphere.

Doorman at Flamingos will give you plenty of recommendations.

Oh, next door at Playa Del Sol, they have an italian restaurant reasonably priced too - only open on certain days though.

Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Flamingos
Flamingos
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos and surrounding area

will be back at vdpf in late may (it's becoming a yearly trip) and this time bringing friends (have 2 br). love the resort and recommend many restuarants like aduato's, miguel angels, karens in bucerias. personally find the on site restuarants ok for dinner but nothing to rave about EXCEPT the steaks at la casona next door at vle and the morning buffet (with my mimosas) at the breakfront restaurant on site. also love the trip to pv for excellent dining at restaurants like barcelona tapas and la palapa. even a stroll along the malecon with a quick drink across the street at one of the numberous bars is fun. don't forget the romantic zone for eclentic shops and one of kind finds and more restaurants. a little further north are good restaurants along the beach in punta de mita. hope you have as much fun as we do!

Portland
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos and surrounding area

Hi!

We're going to stay at villa estancia in November and is trying to decide on getting the allinclusive plan or not. The difference in getting the allinclusive is about $1100 for 6 nites for 2 adults, and 2 kids (7,11).

How much do you think we should budget for lunch and dinner per day if we do our own breakfast? We are not heavy drinkers - about 2 glasses of beer/cocktails per day. Are dinner expensive at Bella Vista (the restaurant next door at Villa del Palmar Flamingos?) or in Bucerias? Do you think dinner would cost about $100 for a family of 4 and again, my kids are light eaters? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated since it looks like you dine out often enough in Bucerias and around PV.

Thanks.

Edited: 21 February 2011, 23:07
Mentioned in this post
Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit
Villa Del Palmar...
2,625 Reviews
Flamingos, Mexico
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos and surrounding area

happy jan, the great thing about the AI at villa group resorts is that you do NOT have to take it for the full trip.....only a minimum of 3 days. as you can probably tell from my post we're foodies.....love good food no matter the price (high or low)...it's about the quality! for us the the AI is limited at vdpf and not worth the price. it did not include steaks or shellfish which were 20% off the menu price only. however with children it would include the "theme nights" which run about $50 per person so if you time a limited days AI properly it could be worth the price just with theme nights. bella vista is good but some will say pricey. only had 1 dinner there which was ok but really prefered la casona at vle. being from the nyc/phila area and used to dining prices in the city the pricing was on par to home but not sure how that would compare to pricing in your area. the lunch choices are limited and i would say edible so not sure how quickly you would tire of the same old thing for 6 days at lunch. the breakfast buffet is very good but expensive for kids. there was also a breakfast order from the menu. there is a mega and walmart nearby if you wanted to stock up on some breakfast/lunch or snack items for the kids. the taxi into pv can get expensive at over $20 each way. there are buses too which were inexpensive but about an hour or so ride. bucerias was only about $8 by taxi and there are some restuarants in nuevo that were good and relatively inexpensive. hope this helps!

Edited: 22 February 2011, 01:22
dawson, mn.
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos and surrounding area

My husband, 18 yearl old daughter stayed PDF in January in a 1 bedroom suite. We did buy the all-inclusive. We were very pleased with all of the food we ordered.. No there is not a big selection of restaurants to choose from, but for our 5 night stay it was perfect..Being there a short time we don't leave the resort alot and when I am on vacation cooking is out. However I do think if we were there a week or longer would probaly to the AI for half and check out some other dining options for the rest. Also we enjoyed steak and shrimp Kabobs(excellent)! for lunch and other shrimp dishes through out our stay..wonderful fish tacos..great pizza..The menue clearly shows what dishes have an additional fee. Loved it, can't wait to go back!! Oh, by the way corona,and pacifico are included in theAI, as is house red and white wine.

Edited: 22 February 2011, 02:45
8. Re: Villa del Palmar Flamingos and surrounding area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2012, 05:41