We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vallarta Palace vs. Dreams Villamagna

Newport Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
Vallarta Palace vs. Dreams Villamagna

Hi everyone,

We're attending a wedding at Vallarta Palace in May. We're considering booking the hotel at Dreams Villamagna though, because of the balcony on the room and the fact that the room is a suite, with an extended living area for lounging.

Has anyone been to both...Can you tell me what you prefer and why? I really appreciate your help

Mentioned in this post
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo...
5,197 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
miami, florida
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vallarta Palace vs. Dreams Villamagna

Have stayed at both resorts the past year. Prefer the Vallarta Palace as felt the food was a lot better and service better. Feel you get more for your dollar at the Vallarta Palace.

miami, florida
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vallarta Palace vs. Dreams Villamagna

Have stayed at both resorts the past year. Prefer the Vallarta Palace as felt the food was a lot better and service better. Feel you get more for your dollar at the Vallarta Palace.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vallarta Palace vs. Dreams Villamagna

I have stayed at both and am at Villa Magna now.

I also prefer Vallarta Palace for the service and food. The Dreams is also very nice but there seems to be less kids at the Vallarta Palace. Also I don't know of any suites at Dreams but if you get a conceirge room at Vallarta Palace you will have a nice Ocean/Pool view balcony.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vallarta Palace vs. Dreams Villamagna

Have stayed at both.. and written reviews with pictures.

Vallarta Palace - resort is well designed, with everything in close walking distance. Rooms are smaller and balcony tight. We were there in high season and the place was full. Not easy to find chairs mid morning around pool. Great food and service, especially poolside. Top notch - Palace resorts live up to their reputation.

Dreams VillaMagna - resort is set back from ocean, so alot of walking to get to beach, restaurants. We had an OV room, spacious with open concept bathroom. Food was good, service was very good. Loved the pool next to the ocean, as the view was unobstructed. That is the "cold" pool that everyone talks about. Also there in high season, and chairs were plentiful all day long. No wristbands either. Pool service - exceptional, they were bringing drinks faster than we could consume! Dreams is part of the Secret's resort line.

They are both located on the same beach area of Nuevo. Liked both.. for different reasons. Depends on what you're looking for. Would return to either.

Mentioned in this post
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo...
5,197 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
5. Re: Vallarta Palace vs. Dreams Villamagna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 22:20