We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Luxxe Pueto Nuevo

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wa
Level Contributor
222 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Luxxe Pueto Nuevo

Can anybody clue me in. I have been trying to learn if in fact there is going to be a water park with a lazyriver 5x bigger than the GMs at the GL. We were told this by a sales person when we purchased our GL about 2 years ago. It was to be somewhere close to the Mayan Village that they are building. So far I have not heard anbody talking about anything like this being built. So I am hoping we were not lied to. Also I was wondering how the Village was coming along.

I would really appreciate any up dates on these topics that any of you have. Thanks

Saratoga, CA
Level Contributor
654 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Luxxe Pueto Nuevo

I hadn't heard that at any of our owner updates, but Grupo Vidanta has been pretty tight lipped about their specific plans. I heard recently that they have purchased the property on the opposite side of the Ameca River and they will be building more Grand Luxxe buildings over there sometime in the future. I guess it's possible that's where they would build a water park if one was in the plans, since the guests over there wouldn't have access to the existing GM water park.

Curt

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
217 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Luxxe Pueto Nuevo

When we first upgraded into Grand Luxxe in Jan 2010, we were told that there would be a water park at GL. But when we were there this year in Feb. I did not see any evidence of where it might be. The Luxxe I and II buildings do not have any space around them. However we were told that the current master plan is for 7 total Luxxe buildings (I have not heard about the property south of the river, but hey sounds great), so maybe the water park is for some of the other buildings.

There is lots of construction at the Nuevo property, some around what you mean as the village, but for now all are additional resort buildings.

It was amazing to see how much gets done in a week. One day I took a morning run through the construction zone, and saw, I would honestly say, 2000 plants/trees potted-ready for planting. By the next morning, they had all been planted, and what was previously bare ground, now looked like an established jungle that had been there for years.

After all my ramblings, things are changing rapid (I would guess the master plan as well!). So by the time you book, and then arrive, who knows what might be built!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Luxxe Pueto Nuevo

I thought i had heard that there would be 10 Luxxe buildings eventually (?). You are so right about the pace of construction. One day nothing, the next a veritable jungle exists at the same location...amazing.

wa
Level Contributor
222 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Luxxe Pueto Nuevo

Thanks everyone for your comments they sound very encouraging. We do so love the lazy river at the grand. One of the reasons that sold us on the up grade to the Luxxe was the idea of a bigger and better river etc. Hopefully by the summer of 2012 when we plan our next trip there will be one .

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Luxxe Pueto Nuevo

I was also told that the larget water park in Mexico was going to be built by my sales agent in 2010. At this point I believe it is not going to happen based on the locations of the planned Luxxe buildings. To be honest I heard that the water park was going to be a separate facility, meaning that Grupo Vidanta would not own the facility (maybe a discount to enter would apply). Unfortunately I purchased because of the expansion to Costa Rica, Hawaii and the water park. None of these are viable options for the foreseeable future - If ever. A recent GLV owner posted that during their sales tour last week, they were told that a lazy river 1.5 times the size will be built around the GL buildings. I don't see how this is possible unless an extensive number of convoluted and complex bridges are built. Again unlikely, but my fingers are crossed!).

As an adult we must remind ourselves from time to time, "If it sounds to good to be true...". This statement is particularly true when claims are based on future promises from people that we know have no idea, no documented plans, and nothing is in writing. What more proof did we need to know the probability was very low?

Edited: 20 March 2011, 20:00
Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
10 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Luxxe Pueto Nuevo

Hi all. I returned from the mayan resort NV on april2, 2011. We went to the "owners update" sales pitch and had a tour of the Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe buildings/units. They have actually moved the course of the estuary and did a lot of land fill so that there is now a bigger area to build on along the beach. They are actively building a massive complex of retaurants, stores, a theater and a train station. Construction is going on 7AM to 9PM every day according to some very unhappy Grand Bliss owners whose units faced the construction! In addition between that new business complex and the ocean, that is on the new spit of land I described above, the are building a new water park and lazy river for the Grand Luxxe and Grand Bliss buildings. So, eventually there will be new places to shop, eat, be entertained, and splash. When? Quen sabe? (who knows?)

wa
Level Contributor
222 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Luxxe Pueto Nuevo

Thankyou that is great news. Sounds like they are actually going to keep to what they promised . Awesome !!! This is going to be a fantastic resort complex when finished.

8. Re: Grand Luxxe Pueto Nuevo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 23:17