We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbies

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Newbies

Hey,

So my girl friend and I are thinking of going to Nuevo Vallarta in the beginning of June. We are both 22 and we're thinking of going to a couple of clubs and do some sight seeing, but mostly this trip is to relax and enjoy the sun.

What is the weather like at the beginning of the month?

How far is it from Nuevo Vallarta to Puerto Vallarta? I've heard cabbing is like $20 each way...

What's the crowd like at Grand Mayan?

Are there a lot of places to eat around that area?

Thanks!

PA, USA
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbies

Hey, the cab ride is $18 to $20 US from Nuevo to downtown.

Also, be advised there aren't any places to eat out in Nuevo...so the best bet would be to go with an all-inclusive, then you don't have to worry about eating and drinking and can maximize relaxing and enjoying the beach and the sun.

Mike

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbies

There are a couple of really good restruants in Nuevo, Guido's just outside the Mayan properties & Fahita Repulbic about a mile down. They are both excellent. But there are tons of really great restruants in PV. I love beaches in Nuevo ;-) !!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbies

We stayed at the Grand Mayan in April and enjoyed the food right at the resort as well as Guido's and we went into town a couple of nights and ate there. It is a gorgeous resort and we had a wonderful time there. The beach in Nuevo Vallarta is beautiful and Puerto Vallarta is fun to visit but we prefer staying in Nuevo Vallarta.

canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbies

is the food at the resort expensive?

also how far is the Grand Mayan from Puerto Vallarta?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbies

We didn't find it too bad. My husband actually commented on how fair the prices were for a 5 star resort. There are a few restaurants to choose from and they all have different selections. Plus you have a beautiful kitchen in the units and a grocery store just down the street if you want to eat in for breakfast or lunch.

I think we paid about $17.00 or so American to go into Puerto Vallarta. It is about a 20-25 minute cab ride in. We took the bus one day and that is much cheaper but it is a slower route. It is quite the experience. The resort itself is gorgeous and the we really enjoyed the lazy river. It is very relaxing! Just be sure to buy the floating tubes here before you go--you'll save lots of money. I just picked up two at Walmart and we had them inflate them for us. There is also a fun wave pool. I have heard that they have a spa now and a workout gym. When we went it wasn't completely finished. If you want an exciting night life it isn't there. Hope this helps!

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newbies

I would high recommend you rethink staying all the way out in Nuevo Vallarta. It is 1/2 to 1 hour drive from downtown. I can't imagine people your age enjoying that as much as you would staying right in town... where you can get out and walk to all the great clubs, restaurants, cafes, galleries, shops, etc. You can still relax and enjoy the sun in Old Town/Zona Romantica, but it is a much more 'happening' kind of neighborhood. I think of Nuevo more for families, honeymooners, and older folks.