We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu sister resort privileges

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Riu sister resort privileges

We are staying at the Riu Palace Pacifico. I understand we are able to use the sister resorts. What are we allowed to do at the Riu Vallarta & Riu Jalisco. E.G. restaurants bars etc.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,711 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu sister resort privileges

You have full use of all facilities at the other two except the evening ala cartes.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,646 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu sister resort privileges

that's correct. Senorbobo. The Riu want you to use your own resort for the Evening Meal,including Buffet.

Jacob. You know they other 2 are not right next door, the Jalisco is about 10-15 min. walk south, then a condo, then the Vallarta.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu sister resort privileges

Yes . I realize it is a 10-15 minute walk but thought it would be nice to visit them to see what they are like.We usually stay at the Palladium in the Mayan Riviera but thought we would try the Puerto Vallarta side this time.We have stayed at the Royal Decameron Complex years ago. I understand it is just up the road a couple miles from the Riu Palace Pacifico. Correct?Anything else you can tell us about the Riu Palace Pacifico? Thanks Jacobs1

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu sister resort privileges

Yes, Royal decameron is just up the highway. Try and get a jacuzzi suite at the Palace! Very nice corner suites with a jacuzzi on the balcony. You have nice views of the ocean and pool.

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu sister resort privileges

its really nice to be able to use the other Riu's.

We always go for long beach walks and love stopping by the other Riu's for a drink, snacks, or to use the restrooms or just spent time there for a change.

We also use the tennis courts at the Riu Jalisco since the other two Riu's don't have them. They will even supply you the rackets and balls...

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu sister resort privileges

Are bikes supplied at all the properties? I'm considering the Palace for Christmas but I'm worried about crowding - loungers at the beach all taken at 6am is not for me.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,646 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu sister resort privileges

No bikes that I know of. Marival has them I believe.

ALL resorts will be Packed at XMAS and NewYears Snorkler...

see your PM.

Joy

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu sister resort privileges

I hate the packing in, but I am stuck with Christmas due to work..no choice so I must pay double and get packed in and just deal with it...It's now 12 years of travelling at Christmas so I try to pick the resort carefully and pick the best possible situation.

Edited: 29 October 2011, 18:29
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,646 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu sister resort privileges

good thinking ...

We avoid EASTER too. and Leave just prior to Xmas.LoL

good luck.

10. Re: Riu sister resort privileges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 04:15