We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Riu Jalisco

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Riu Jalisco

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer. Was a great time for sure!

Stan

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Riu Jalisco

Glad you had a good time. We are at the OCT in the Mayan Riviera....................10 days down 2 to go.

Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Riu Jalisco

We were there in 2008 and half of the resort was under renovation. What's new at the Riu Jalisco? How was the food? As I recall in '08, the buffet near the ocean left a little to be desired w/ regards to freshness and cleanliness??? We leave on an Apple Vacation 5 Square deal on 11/5 to Nuevo and I suspect we will probably be staying at the Jalisco. Any tips appreciated! Can't wait!

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Riu Jalisco

Riu Jalisco is a nice resort. We have visited it several times when we stayed at the Palace and the Vallarta and including the times when my in-laws stayed there.

I really like the lush grounds and homey feeling at the Jalisco.

Do post a review.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,402 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Riu Jalisco

stan.. How about doing a Review..???

I like the Jalisco, because it is the Oldest and has More trees ,seem more greener that the Vallarta.

Have not stayed in rooms, but family did last Dec. I think they need bigger Beds..??

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Riu Jalisco

Wsandov, the renovations are complete. The restaurant closest to beach was by far the busiest for lunch. We avoided it and went to the Italian spot by the theater. The resort did see a spike of volume on the weekend but it wasn't too bad at all. Talked with the bellboy and he said they were only at 45% of capacity. The staff was great! Place was clean and their hurricane preparation was feverish. I felt safe there! The jewelry store in the lobby bartered a bit and the couple we went with got a few items for a more than fair price. We had a king bed in our room. Bed size wasn't a problem. Will be posting a review in the upcoming days. Only other advice...If you make reservations at the Rodizio restaurant for dinner don't bother eating lunch. Was more than stuffed afterwards! Asian restaurant served the most delicious fried ice cream. Great after a sun drenched day in PVR!

Stan

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Riu Jalisco

Steamer6 - will be at Jalisco from Dec 9th onwards. Any tips for what rooms to request - higher/lower/away from elevators etc? Also which restaurants are the best?

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Riu Jalisco

3rd or 4th floor, closest to the West end of the resort you can get. The Rodizio was a cool experience, the Asain food was fair, and the buffets were ample..If you are staying through the weekend then resort will get a little crowded but not bad at all...Ask for the Mexican Wine coolers! Yummy for sure! Any other questions don't hesitate to ask...

Stan

montreal
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Riu Jalisco

Hey Stan,

Did you see anyone fish from the beach ? How are the waves on the beach ? Is the water calm in the morning ?

Thanks

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Riu Jalisco

Branko,

The surf seemed calm in the morning. We would walk down after breakfast every day. Didn't see anyone fishing on the beach but it wouldn't surprise me if there were fish there. The gulls, pelicans, and dolphins seemed to be eating some baitfish of the beach! Good luck fishing!

Stan

Calgary
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Riu Jalisco

Hi Stan,

We are heading down to the Riu over Xmas with the family. Can you tell me anything about the "gym" that is there. Is it mostly machines, or are there free weights and bars as well? Did you walk into Bucerias at all?

Thanks!