We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

Can you please advise me of the weather in January and any thoughts on this resort.

Thanks

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

I've been looking into it and have similar questions. It sounds like a food and drinks AI, with no evening activities and limited daytime activities. No kids club. Sounds good for adults or families wanting a quiet beach vacation. It is a timeshare mostly, also called Sea Garden

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

If you are writing about the Ocean Breeze in the Mayan Palace Resort, then it is a shuttle ride to the beach and big pools near the ocean. The OB pool is small, but nice. They have a deli and an outdoor restaurant near the pool.

Of course, there are a few more restaurants by the beach, but this building is not on the beach. For that matter, there are no Mayan buildings (not Mayan Palace, nor Grand Mayan, nor Grand Luxxe) right on the beach.

It's a large property.

The weather in January is pretty good, warmer than Florida in January, average daytime temp is 80F and night is 68F.

Edited: 24 October 2011, 03:40
Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

that must be a different property, the Ocean Breeze Neuvo Vallarta, down from the Mayan Palace is definitely on the beach. It is also known as the Sea Garden.

Edited: 24 October 2011, 06:01
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

Oh, my bad!! I was writing about the Ocean Breeze in Riviera Maya. Sorry about that. As Roseannadana (Gilda Radner) would say on Saturday Night Live...."Never mind".

I have stayed at the Sea Garden/ now Ocean Breeze in NV, and it is in a great location.

But if it were me, I would not go with the AI. There are so many good restaurants within walking distance of Sea Garden.

However, i do like the dinner themed buffets that they have at the Sea Garden.

Also right around the corner, on most nights, there is a free trolley that will take you to Paradise Village Mall, where there are several other good restaurants, and food shopping and shops. Cab rides for 1-4 passengers are inexpensive to get there or back. Public buses can be taken from the same spot.

Across the street from the bus stop in an OXXO, which is like a 7/11 for drinks, snacks, etc.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

The January temps are 80 degrees F in the day and 62 degrees F at night time.

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

Thanks for your replies, what is the beach like??

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

Nice wide beach which has palapas and chairs set up. The water is not clear, but swimmable.

Lots of pelicans diving for food from time to time (I like watching them).

About a couple of hundred yards down the beach, there is a rock jetty with a path you can walk out on. Across the water from that jetty is the Paradise Village area.

There is a water taxi (besides the trolley , buses, cabs) that can take you across the marina to Paradise Village. It is around the corner from Eddie's Restaurant, near Quixote's Restaurant.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

Hi All.

OK TA I need your help!

I am looking in booking Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta for an All Inclusive for 7 nights... I keep reading about Time Share and Sea Garden and stuff... I have been to many many AI resorts in many different places all over Mexico and eslewhere. Should I be concerned? is this like any AI resort? I am NOT a timeshare owner / or interested in timeshare. Please advise anyone :) Thanks

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

Ocean Breeze/Sea Garden (same place) used to be the first level of timeshare ownership for Grupo Mayan. Now it's mostly marketed as a hotel that offers AI, if you want it. Unlike many other AI Mexican resorts, there are fewer places to eat at Ocean Breeze. They have a bar, a poolside snack bar, and a restaurant. If you don't choose AI, there are a number of good restaurants within a short walking distance. If the AI includes all the resorts restaurants (at Grand Mayan, Mayan Palace, Grand Bliss, etc), then there would be more choices for eating.

So, check that out.

Refuse the timeshare meeting, when offered, if you have no interest in a timeshare. If you do go, the pressure will be great and the 90 minutes will be hours.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Breezes, Riveria Nayarit

Hi - A friend and I are going to Mexico for the very first time and we found a deal for the Riveria Nayarit - Ocean Breeze AI for the month of March. Since it's our first time going we are just wondering if downtown is near by and if it is safe to venture to during the evening???? The hotel does not provide any entertainment it seems so we are wondeing what is there to do at night time when the pools closes etc??? Also - anyone tried Vallerta Adventures, I heard this is just a boat ride away??? Any suggestions, tips and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)