We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from Grand Luxxe

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bus from Grand Luxxe

A friend and I plan to sight-see via bus; is there a bus within walking distance of the front gate of the Grand Luxxe. Will we be able to return relatively close as well.

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
217 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from Grand Luxxe

Short answer-Yes, you can get to a bus stop with a short walk. The bus stop is just outside the Mayan Sea Garden.

With all the constrution, and changes, the process changes daily! To get off the Grand Luxxe property, you will have to take multiple shuttles (oversize golf cart style).

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from Grand Luxxe

Thanks so much for your help, by short walk are you talking a few blocks?

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from Grand Luxxe

Jane, you mentioned bus from the main gate.

From GL shuttle to MP, switch shuttle to GM, switch shuttle to main gate...walk about a block to bus stop.

Or shuttle GL to MP, shuttle to GM and walk about 2+ blocks to around the corner from the Sea Garden to bus stop.

Seattle/Tacoma
Level Contributor
68 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from Grand Luxxe

If you get off at the main gate, the shuttle will take you all the way back to the Grand Luxxe. I am staying at the Grand Mayan now and we are dropped off first because that is the route. Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe members stay on the shuttle.

Edited: 17 November 2011, 05:58
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from Grand Luxxe

It has been reported that Grand Luxxe has to get off at Mayan Palace and take a separate shuttle to the GL...same in the reverse.

Do you know for sure that the GL guests go on to there without changing?

Edited: 17 November 2011, 06:47
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from Grand Luxxe

You mentioned that you are there now, and I'm interested in the area right outside the main gate. Are there any restaurants or shops? Or do I need to get a bus to town for everything?

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus from Grand Luxxe

I'm interested to know too. Especially as I haven't been there a while, what with knowing all about the construction ongoing.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus from Grand Luxxe

There is a bus stop near the main gate. The more popular spot to catch a bus is around the corner from the Sea Garden.

Now that they are allowing you to walk past the GM to the SG, that's the better choice for us. There is also a taxi meeting station for the drivers right there, and booths where info about the buses and their routes can be gotten from the men who will offer you tours, but they are not sharks.

Two reasons besides the bus stops are the OXXO (like a 7/11) and the number of restaurants to choose from.

By the main gate, there is only the Tacos Break and no store.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: bus from Grand Luxxe

Thanks for all the info, I'm looking forward to it! Any other tips about the area will be greatly appreciated:)

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bus from Grand Luxxe

Depending on how many you are, a taxi might be more convenient and not much more cost.

Taxis take 1-4 people for the same price, with no waiting and right to the door delivery and pickup.