We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
274 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

I am looking for a nice 4.5 to 5 star resort in Nuevo.

I have a few requests but not trying to be too picky.

First of all a resort that is not too large. We are travelling with another couple and alot of walking is not a good thing. An elevator would be great in buliding but not necessary.

The second want is that I am on a stretch of beach that I can walk along for a while. I have been doing my research and see that some people who enjoy walking have ventured from Nuevo to Bucerias walking the beach.

Is this realistic ???????

My husband and I would love to do this if it is possible.

Is there a nice stretch of beach from the hotel that we can walk? Or are we on a secluded area of beach?

thank you

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
433 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

The Riu properties are all within walking distance of Bucerias. My favorite Riu if the Pacifico. It is very compact. The walk on the beach can take 30-45 minutes one way, depending upon how fast you walk. You could walk down to Bucerias and take a cab back to the resort, if a round trip would be too much walking. There are other resorts in that general area, try looking on the TA map for more information.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

From most any rersort in Nuevo, you can walk the beach for miles in either direction. A very long, flat, smooth stretch of beach.

4.5 to 5 stars would be RIU Palace, Vallarta Palace, Dreams Villa Magna and Marival Suites and Residences.

michigan
Level Contributor
746 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

i don't think the beach at the Mayan Properties is miles long...although it is a great walking beach

J&W
Calgary AB
Level Contributor
584 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

You do not want too much walking at the resort or is it the stairs? The beach is flat but not totally, you will be walking on a slight angle on the harder sand. If you have hip or knee issues this might be a problem. The soft sand is not great for a long walk.

I would do a test walk first and not go all the way to Bucerias on your first go.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

i would also recommend villa del palmar flamingos and villa la estancia. 4 and 5 star resorts (condo like set ups) and not AI. these are the last 2 resorts in nuevo vallarta and the closest to bucerias. for us we would never do an AI in this area. too many excellent restuarants in pv and bucerias!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

I agree with dee, the Mayan Resorts beach is only about a half mile long. It is bound on the south by the Ameca River and on the north by the entrance to the marina of NV, though a very enjoyable walk. If you want miles of beach, you have to go north of the marina, from Paradise Village to Bucerias is walkable.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

If cost isn't an issue then look at the Grand Velas. Excellent resort with outstanding food and service.

michigan
Level Contributor
14 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

I recently read your message reply re: waling the beach in Neuvo. You indicated that there are a lot of great restaurants in Nuevo/Buceros area. As this is our first time to this area and we will be there for three weeks, we would love to hear any excellent recommendations that you may have. We do not need any recommendations for Puerta Vallarta. Thank you

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

We are currently staying at Dreams villa Magna in a condo, we walk everyday, it takes about 45-60 minutes to walk to the breakwater at the marina,and back, sand is very flat and firm when the tide is out a bit, walking the other way toward bucerias is less crowded, and more slanted. It took us about an hour to get to bucerias, and we are doing a brisk walk. Walking in this direction we get to see the turtles hatching every morning too!

Villa Magna is a small resort, quiet now that the kids are mostly gone back to school, great restaurants, OK buffet (RIU is way better for buffet). No nightlife here more for the relaxing crowd.

Best restaurants in Neuvo so far, Fajita Republic and the Riveria Grill, also went to La Cruz one night , La Glorieta de Enrique, huge meal, they know how to cook fish! delcious!

Edited: 09 January 2012, 15:43
N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Walking the beach in Nuevo....help please

It took me 12 minutes to walk to the Marina and 15 minutes to walk to Villa Magna from Vallarta Palace which I did everyday for two weeks.