We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
245 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

We're not super happy with our beach options in Nuevo Vallarta (see previous post for details if you want). We have one more beach day...

Should we take a taxi to Bucerias tomorrow? We're not looking for a boozy beach bar - we have two older kids who would like a beach with some boogie boarding waves. We'd love a place with palapas and a place to order decent food and beverages.

If all you experts think it's worth it, we'll go there. Otherwise, we'll stay here and fight with the Playa Royale security guard again.

Thanks so much in advance,

a slightly sad BookLover70

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

Definitely come to Bucerias for the day. You will love it here! There are many restaurants on the beach where you can sit while the kids boogie board. You can also walk around the flea market if you wish. I would suggest El Gordo, Aduato's and Mar y Sol for your best restaurant choices.

Have a great day!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

I think there is a public access between Marival and Grand Velas with a beach front restaurant. It certainly looked busy enough when ever we walked by it.

I am not sure how close you are from there? I read your other post and I would be sad too....Hope you get it resolved....:)

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

I think you are speaking of the Etc Beach Club, it is up from the Marival.

You might enjoy a bus ride to Sayulita, the town has great beach front restaurants that you can rent a chair and umbrella for the day. Great little town and beach! The bus runs on the highway going north, it's clearly marked Sayulita. Just stay on the bus till the last stop, then walk 5 mins to the beach. Lots of shops to explore also. (you'll have to transfer busses at the highway - a bit tricky crossing the highway).

I also like Bucerias. Don't miss the part of town over the footbridge, past the flea market..

Edited: 28 December 2011, 19:27
oshawa
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

Go with nayarit08 recomendations and you won't be disapointed. You'll probably kick your self for not doing it sooner. Cheers and have a great day.

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

You will love Bucerias. Go for sure! Enjoy your day.

Cobble Hill, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

Your Kids will like Sayulito better and you may as well.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,697 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

I am in the minority I guess- granted I have only been to Bucerias one afternoon, but we were not overly impressed with the town or the beach.

We were much happier with the beaches at Sayulita and Rincon de Guayabitos, although they ARE farther away than Bucerias.

We stayed a week in Nuevo Vallarta at the Allegro and were very happy with the beach there, it is great for walking, swimming and boogie boarding...at any rate, not much different at all from the beach in Bucerias, unless I am missing something.

Edited: 29 December 2011, 16:38
N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

Bucerias is a must and if you have time check out P.V.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
245 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

Thanks for all the advice about Bucerias. We got really lucky and met some condo owners who took us to the Paradise Village resort as guests today. Tomorrow, we are going to Bucerias (we really did think about Sayulita too!). Next time, I will know better.

And BobNH, we spent a really fantastic day in PV, too. What a great city!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should we go to Bucerias? Need a quick reply, if possible.

So happy to hear you met some condo owners that took you as their guests :) I have been thinking of what you have gone through and it is good you posted about it for other future guests.

Isn't PV wonderful? We like Bucerias too and hope one day to get up to Sayulita as well.

I must say you have a great positive upbeat attitude for what you have been through. Did you get to contact the condo owner so they can alert their other renters of what happened to you?