We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been or going to the Samba??

Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been or going to the Samba??

we went last year and loved it!! loved the staff and we are going back the 21st of feb....SO ready for some sun and sand!! was wondering if anyone has been lately and if so what has changed with the new management and do they still have the same wonderful stafff....Fermin, Bruno, Salvadore and many others who made or stay even better? thanks for info you may have

continue to travel safe!!!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been or going to the Samba??

If you are talking about Samba Vallarta...(not sure if there is anything else called Samba).. Then yes we'll be there in 10 days! Haven't read too much recently about anyone that has been there or how it is , but looking forward to it. Will let you know how we like it .

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
970 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been or going to the Samba??

Do report back (o:

I stayed there in 2007 and still read reviews and watch for new pics. We really enjoyed our time there - love the small size and wonderful staff. Have a fantastic vacation!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been or going to the Samba??

Ok deals from Comox to the Samba with Nolitours starting on the 7th.

$337 plus 323 tax for the week.

Many places are going for $60 plus tax.

I wonder how cheap they can go.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
970 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been or going to the Samba??

Wow that is cheap!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been or going to the Samba??

Definately didnt get that good of a deal from Kelowna! But that price from Comox is only for that one week and then it goes up ... a lot..lol

Snowgirls.... will do a trip report when we get back and will post some pictures as well. Can't wait to go.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
970 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been or going to the Samba??

Thanks Kozmo - i'll look forward to the pics! Your 10 days will fly by and you'll be there before you know it. We're heading to Ixtapa in 23 days... Love countdowns. Have fun!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been or going to the Samba??

we stayed there just last year and it was awesome...I have heard they have even more more improvements so, i can't wait....18 days!! we stayed on the 4th floow and room had just been re done..it was greatI I would love to hear from anyone who goes and gets back before i go!!! The reviews have been all been very good. have a great time and if anyone is there the last week of feb, (21-28) let me know and we can have a drink together or two :)

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
970 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been or going to the Samba??

The reviews certainly have been better lately, for awhile there the place sounded a bit rough. Nice to know it is back on track and being fixed up.

Have a great holiday Lomo! Cheers to toes in the sand!

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been or going to the Samba??

Headin here from calgary on feb 25- march 4 sooooo excited. Lol. Arrivin late. stupid o clock. so likly no pina colada for me till i wake up. :-) :-) :-) . Lol

Edmonton
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been or going to the Samba??

We are looking at the stupid oclock flight there for the 4th. Have only stared at one place near the marina in Vallarta before.

We are doing an old fat guys week. Most of us have worked on the cruise ships so we aren't looking for zip lines etc. Just 6 guys looking for a nice quiet week in the sun.

Any tips for us.