We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquaventuras & Other Excursions - March 2012

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Aquaventuras & Other Excursions - March 2012

Hello all! I posted this on the Puerto Vallarta forum and was told that I would be better served to place it here as well, so here it goes:

I am heading to PV to stay at the Marival Resort and Suites with my wife and my bro and his wife in March for a few days. My wife is in love with Sea Lions and we must do the Sea Lion Encounter at Aquaventuras (I am told :) ). My brother suggested maybe a Zip Line excursion as well. Does anyone have any suggestions on what activities are the best? From what I have read, it sounds like Vallarta Adventures is the way to go, but if anyone has any suggestions on things that are "must see" I am all ears.

Just for some background, we are all in our late 20's and like being out and seeing the sights/having some adventure. Everyone likes the idea of things like zip lining, snorkeling, etc, so nothing is off-limits.

Also, would anyone have any tips about the resort we are in? I have only seen it in photos and read a bit on it, but if anyone has been there and has some feedback I would love to hear that as well.

Thank you so much!

Jay

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquaventuras & Other Excursions - March 2012

IMO, the best zip line in the bay is at Los Veranos. It is excellent! If you get here before whale watching season ends, you can go on the Geronimo which will take you whale watching as well as snorkeling at the Marietas Island. (If you are here on March 10, check the Bucerias forum for a tour which the proceeds going to the food bank). Aqua adventures is terrific. The sea lion encounter is fantastic! You can check out this link for tours: http://jdtoursvallarta.com/ I would also suggest maybe an ATV or Dunebuggy tour. both are wonderful!

Have a great trip!

calgary
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquaventuras & Other Excursions - March 2012

i would suggest vallarta adventures ,outdoor adventure.it includes a boatride ,a ride in a unimog a ride on a mule ,ziplining and rappelling i did it in 2010 with my wife and daughter and had a gr8 time one of the best tours in the area and i have done a ton of tours over the years down there.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aquaventuras & Other Excursions - March 2012

I second stonekold's advice - the Outdoor Adventure offered by Vallarta Adventures is a real hoot, and money well spent. The zodiac departs right from the marina in Nuevo, so it's quite convenient to the Marival. You'll probably be able to see some whales & dolphins along the way.

Refer to the following link for more details, and just do it!!

vallarta-adventures.com/tours/outdoor-advent…

4. Re: Aquaventuras & Other Excursions - March 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2013, 10:33