We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Brunswick, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

What type of dress is appropriate for dining at the Asian and the Brazilian restaurant for dinner? What about at the Italian and Mexican restaurants?

Also, are reservations needed for a party of 8 or do you just show up any time for dinner? Do you ever have to wait for a table? BTW - we will be there during spring break so I assume the resort will be full when we are there.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

We were there at Christmas time at 99% capacity. All the restaurants had people dining in shorts, sandals, and short sleeved shirts to the very dressed up, slacks, long sleeved, and ties. Dress code was not enforced. No reservations needed. I remember the all the restaurant being able to host large parties. You may have to wait longer for a party of 8. For quicker service you could do 2 parties of four. We were a party of 4 and only had to wait twice for a table, once at the Brazilian and once at the Italian. Then only about 5 minuets. Usually, once seated the service was quick. We had one time at the Brazilian the service was slow. Ate at each restaurant twice. The Asian was our favorite but we enjoyed them all. Best spring rolls ever!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

I just came back from there, only 2 of us so not sure on a party of 8, but no reservations needed, our last few days there, there was a Pepsi convention so they filled up so I did see people waiting to dine. I also noted no enforcement of long pants for men and such....shorts and collared shirt and such seemed to be accepted....

We found the Brazilian just okay this trip, the Mexican very good, and the Italian we went twice, once it was really good and second time just so so....The Japanese was very good and remains a favorite of ours.

The Romantic dinner on the beach was excellent.... and the Caribbean dinner on beach was fun and good as well.

Post Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

Which night is the Caribbean dinner? How many credits? That must have been added since Oct. Any news on Hard Rock conversion/construction?

Thank you,

Donna

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

I'll be at the Hard Rock March 18th - 28th.

We just got back from the Condo's at Villa Magna. I walked down to the Vallarta Palace a couple times and met up with our Rep that we had in November. He said that beginning in April they will be closing one of the pools to add a waterfall swim-up bar. When down they will close the other pool and do the same. Since those are slow months he didn't feel that the vacationers would be inconvienced that much. He felt that at the same time they would be closing half the Lobby and that would have the most impact.

Post Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

Thanks BobNH. Of course they will start in April, we're going the 4th -11th, over Easter. Was a little apprehensive about the time but the 9th is our anniversary and figured if there really were a lot of kids, then we had a better chance of getting an upgrade. Did they have the Carribean Dinner in Nov., when you were there? Sounds fun.

Donna

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

Donner, I would guess they will hold off on the new construction until after the Semana Santa (Easter) break. You will probably be okay.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

I doubt they will start the construction before Easter...but who knows.

The Carribean night dinner was on Friday at ^;30...on beach and was 99 credits each adult. They put on a nice show, had a decent meal and wait service and we enjoyed it....

Post Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

Thanks Bezerk.....25 more days!!!!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

^:30 and this is 6:30 pm....my bad....

The Carribean dinner you sat with others at a round table of say 6 or 8, we only had 6....so if you have any aversion to that then do not book that....we found it fun...The Romantic Dinner is by yourselves of course...LOL..

I am sure you will have fun....My dining options would be Romantic Dinner and Carribean Dinner, Brazilian, Mexican, Japanese and Italian....and a repeat Romantic dinner or Japanese Dinner. The Lobster though we did get an additional one at Italian Restaurant to use up credits does nothing for me, as Iike cold water lobster and of course here it is warm water or spiny lobster..( bad thing about coming from New England you just cannot beat the seafood...esp. Lobster)..We did the Italian twice and once it was wonderful and next time just so so...

Post Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vallarta Palace Dining Questions

Thanks again, our favorites have been Italian ( they make us the spinach/tomato soup even when not on the menu), Mexican, Asian for special anniversary/birthday dinners. We have found the Brazilian to be too noisy and not as relaxing for dinner..wish it was open for lunch. Of course, the room service is always a treat when too much sun drains me.

I am so looking forward to the Carribean and am glad it is on an evening we will be there. We have always been a day off for the city tour and booked a Wedneday this time to take it (they will probably change the dates..better not)

Edited: 11 March 2012, 04:34