We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
478 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

Hi there, can anyone tell me if they have live music in the evening? Anything to do in the evening?

Is there a disco?

THanks !

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

Subject: Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

Location: Nuevo Vallarta, Pacific Coast, Mexico, North America

Title: Beautiful Resort, Timeshare bullies: Greg

ID#: 128152038

We didn't stay at this resort, but instead made the mistake of taking them up on their offer to tour and hear about their timeshare program. We were solicited at the airport immediately after we cleared customs. We were offered hundreds of dollars in excursions through Vallarta Adventures and airport transfers both ways for giving them our time. We made it clear prior to the presentation that we are already timeshare holders with another company and had no plans to buy. We were invited to "check out" the property anyway, and thought it would be good to see for a possible exchange through our company. We were picked up at our resort and transported by the same individual who had solicited us at the airport. The resort itself is lovely, with newly renovated rooms and a beautiful beach. We were greeted and once again the gifts we were promised were reviewed. It was explained that there is no obligation to buy, and made clear that even if we don't buy, "we will still be friends". That couldn't be further from the truth. We were treated to breakfast which was buffet style and simply ok. We were told the presentation would take only 90 minutes of our time. When it became clear that we were not going to be sold, GREG, (sales manager? of some sort) was called over for the hard sell. I asked Greg what time it was and was not surprised to hear that we had been there for just over 3 hours. When I pointed out that we didn't want to waste the entire day there, and that we had no intention to buy, Greg turned confrontational, aggressive, and RUDE. He actually pointed out that he had another 2 hours before his work day would be ending and therefore we had all the time in the world. Luckily, I have no problem with confrontation. Upon demanding the gifts promised to us along with a ride back to the resort, Greg consdescendingly stated, "oh, don't worry ma'am, we'll get right on that" with a snide tone of voice. Only when I mentioned TripAdvisor, and how I looked forward to sharing my terrible experience with fellow travelers, did he calm down and become apologetic. Greg and the timeshare sales team are a detriment to the reputation of this brand.

Ad feedback|

AdChoices

© 2012 Microsoft

Terms

Privacy

About our ads

Advertise

Developers

Help Center

Feedback

English

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

No there is no live music in the evenings. There is recorded music both at the lobby bar and more upbeat rock music at the beach bar which is open until 1:30 am approx. There is disco in the snack bar/Mexican restaurant most nights but when we were there hardly anyone was there unfort. Most people stayed at the beach bar which is right next to the disco....nice place to listen to music and watch the stars.

The time share people in the lobby are pretty annoying I will agree...very nice but consistent in asking you to the presentation all week! We didn't give in and I'm glad we didn't from the experience above. We have done these presentations 2 times before in Playa del Carmen/Cancun area and they are all the same...very high pressure sales and stressful...we will NEVER do them again no matter what they give us!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

Forgot to mention they do have dance show entertainment from 9:00 to 9:45 each night....not great but watchable.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

This is why I don't do timeshare pitches. They are trying to make a living, are very annoying and drive me crazy. But I won't waste hours of their time for a few freebies.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

Hi Barbie;

I was there last week @ OGNV....They don't have live music in the evening... at 11pm they have a "disco" that in fact is the Snack Restaurant with recorded music... OGNV is a good place to stay for a relaxing vacations... after 10pm there is nothing to do at hotel...

6. Re: Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:16