We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Happy hour' times and locations at the Grand Mayan

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
'Happy hour' times and locations at the Grand Mayan

From what I have gathered, they have different 'Happy hours'

at varied locations at the Grand Mayan throughout the day. We will be arriving one week from today (yeah!) and I wanted to know how we find out when and where they are each day? Do they post something daily or weekly?

Thanks so much.

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Happy hour' times and locations at the Grand Mayan

jblair; "Happy Hour" varies each day. Since I was just down in Feb/March, I'll provide my input given that we lounged around the north end pool, located between the heated pool (with middle fountain) and other east-side pool with swim-up bar. We were lounging immediately east of the Samba restaurant. (Heated pool is right in front of Samba restaurant.)

Generally, happy hour by the pool we lounged appeared to start at 12noon and run for an hour one day, and 3 hours the next. It just appeared to alternate day to day.

The swim-up bars appeared to start their happy hours either at 3pm or 4pm, and run ONLY for an hour.

I think you could get happy hour drinks to the beach, as there is a place serving there, but we never did make use of it there.

NOTE: There are two swim-up bars at the Grand Mayan pool complex. One to the east of the Samba, and one to the south of the Samba, adjacent to where most of the activities are run.

Edited: 30 March 2012, 17:24
Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Happy hour' times and locations at the Grand Mayan

Thank you so much for your reply. I will take this info with me and ask daily when we arrive. We leave one week from today. Can't wait!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Happy hour' times and locations at the Grand Mayan

They provide a little "magazine" in the lobby and at the Activity Stand at the pool. It will list the happy hours at all the pools and lobby bars. Also it advertises the different restaurants and gives the activity schedule. Just carry it with you in your pool bag.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'Happy hour' times and locations at the Grand Mayan

Quince-Perfect! Leaving on Friday morning! Thanks so much!

5. Re: 'Happy hour' times and locations at the Grand Mayan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:37