We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Night Taco Stands/Cheap Eats in Nuevo?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Late Night Taco Stands/Cheap Eats in Nuevo?

Hi There,

We are headed to Nuevo this week and are wondering about their late night taco stands and taquerias? We noticed all the reviews for places are for very touristy/Americanized restaurants and when we head to Mexico we like to seek out the best local and cheap eats. It sounds like if we head to PV we might have more luck but since we're staying in NV, we don't want to be heading there super late at night most likely. Would love recommendations on where we might be able to find some local, cheap joints in NV!

Thanks!

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Night Taco Stands/Cheap Eats in Nuevo?

Not sure about Nuevo but in the past we ate at a great cheap taco stand in Bucerias which is not too far if you taxi.

The place is called 'The Rim'. They are across from Tapas del Mundo in the downtown. They actually grill the meats on a 'rim' and hence the name. Delicious and cheap. Good burgers too from what I heard. We really liked the tacos.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Night Taco Stands/Cheap Eats in Nuevo?

Another excellent taco stand in bucerias is Taco's Junior. They've only been open a short time. They make excellent Pastor taco's. Not a good place for vegetarians though so keep that in mind! They are located on the highway just up from "china palace" or the old twisted rose.

Have a great trip!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
265 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Night Taco Stands/Cheap Eats in Nuevo?

I also suggest Bucerias - for just late night light fare in general. In Nuevo we didn't really find it other than at Fajita Republic and El Dinimito (can't recall the exact name - but it's right beside Fajita Republic). There is also a taco place beside La Dolce Vita and Ginger, but I didn't try it. My inlaws said it was pretty good but they didn't want to go back.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Night Taco Stands/Cheap Eats in Nuevo?

Which resort are you staying at?

In the little town of Mezcales, which is on Hwy 200 south of Bucerias, there are several taco stands and more local type restaurants.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Night Taco Stands/Cheap Eats in Nuevo?

We are staying at Playa Royale. It's beautiful but definitely touristy and we love the local street food when we visit Mexico so we'd just love to get out and find some. Late night stands are fine(I know most open later).

Are there buses that you can catch that way? I know cabs are an option too but the concierge mentioned they over charge quite a bit ($15 both ways to get to the Mega and WalMart!) so we thought we'd tackle the buses if we can :)

We're going to try both of the taquerias mentioned in the above- and we'd love to check out Mezcales if you have reccomendations there as well!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late Night Taco Stands/Cheap Eats in Nuevo?

Another idea if you really want a taste of local cuisine, is to go into the development called Valle Dorado. The Chedraui grocery store is at the entrance to Valle Dorado.

Walk into the development, and within a couple blocks you will see numerous taco places and other small local restaurants.

7. Re: Late Night Taco Stands/Cheap Eats in Nuevo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 10:20