We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nuevo Vallarta Palace stay in May, 2012? 1,500 Credit?

Brentwood...
2 posts
Save Topic
Nuevo Vallarta Palace stay in May, 2012? 1,500 Credit?

We have reservations with Nuevo Vallarta Palace 5//17/12 - 5/24/12. Someone contacted our member (we're going on a referral) 2 weeks ago and said we had to be moved to another resort (not a Palace Resort) due to reno being done for Hard Rock at Nuevo. We had already purchased airfare. We asked the customer service person if everything would be the same ie: rooms, airport shuttle, $1,500 credit to apply to golf, etc, ammenities. They said they did not know and would get back to us but they did not think we could golf. No one seemed to know anything.

So I assumed that since we booked with Palace, the $1,500. credit would be transferred also. The reason we chose this resort was because of the $1,500 credit to apply to golf, spa, etc. and was confirmed this with them when we booked. Plus it states this on their website.

Now they are telling they are telling us we do not get the $1,500 dollars and the new resort Amber Now, does not have golf. This is why we originally booked with Nuevo Vallarta, PV, Palace.

This is ridiculous. I understand there is a change and renovations need to take place. BUT let your customers know. We have spent way too much time trying to contact supervisors, managers, etc. to see how we are going to be compensated for this incovenience. No one seems to know who to contact.

I recently sent an email out to all Marketing/VP/COO and only heard back from one individual. His name was Sandor Winkler who worked for Palace in the US for branding. He said he would try to find out who I need to talk to and get back to me. That was over a week ago and several emails. We leave in 3 weeks, and nothing has been resolved.

I like to have a positive and happy experience when taking a vacation and this has not been one. VERY NEGATIVE.

If anyone knows who I need to contact to get my questions answered in regards to receiving the $1500 credit and golf...would really appreciate it. And I will keep all posted.

Sorry but this has been a very NEGATIVE experience with Palace and the only reason we are going is because our airfare is nonrefundable. Will keep all posted! Let me know if you know anything.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nuevo Vallarta Palace stay in May, 2012? 1,500 Credit?

Kari, there is some related discussion at the following thread. Not sure whether your specific issues are addressed, but it's a good place to start:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154267-i323-k52693…

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nuevo Vallarta Palace stay in May, 2012? 1,500 Credit?

Kari it seemed that some others who are going to be moved may have been compensated with free stays at the Palace in the future. Something you should look into getting for the inconvenience you will have to go through...

3. Re: Nuevo Vallarta Palace stay in May, 2012? 1,500 Credit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:18