We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Del Palmar Flamingos May 7 - 14

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, WA
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Del Palmar Flamingos May 7 - 14

We're about a week away from leaving for NV. Super excited! My wife and I are celebrating our 11th anniversary with this trip. We were actually supposed to be celebrating our 10th anniversary last year with this vacation but I ended up having emergency back surgery last year in March which messed up our plans.

At any rate I'm all healed up and this will be our first trip to Nuevo. We've been to Cabo several times and decided to stay somewhere different with our timeshare. The best part about it? Our 7 and 9 year old daughters are staying with grandma!

Is anyone else going to be at VDPF while we're there? Can't wait!

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Del Palmar Flamingos May 7 - 14

You guys are going to love the Flamingos. Only bad thing I can think of is that the pool bottom is painted green so no clear blue pool. Food and drinks good but a little pricey. They do offer full or partial ( 3 day min) meal plan that runs about $79 P/P a day. Cheaper if you prepay through Villa Group. Spa is awesome. We arranged a deal for daily use after a couples massage and used it everyday. So refreshing and relaxig. Great places to eat in Bucerias. Long walk on the Beach but can be done. Karen's is right on the beach just after the RDC Resort. Very good breakfast. Think it is about $6 taxi ride into town and to the Mega Store. Have a great Anniversary trip. Meg and Zoe are going to be so disappointed but school and Grandma time is pretty cool also. We're up the beach at Paradise this year same week. Please do a trip report and tell us all about it. See Ya

Burlington, WA
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Del Palmar Flamingos May 7 - 14

Thanks for the info Dave. The VDP concierge sent us an email about the AI plan, but it worked out to $89 a night no matter whether you did the 3 day or 7 day, and I've heard that's the price if you get it after you're already there. I think we're just going to hold off and try to do their timeshare presentation and see if we can get a deal on it that way.

Tell me more about the spa package though. There was info in the email they sent but not much. It basically said 3 days of unlimited services at te Tatewari spa for $399 per person. There has to be a catch though right? You couldn't get all day massages, manicure and pedicures for three days for $399 can you? If that's really the deal, I may have to get this for my wife!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Del Palmar Flamingos May 7 - 14

Have a great vacation.

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Del Palmar Flamingos May 7 - 14

Paul, while lounging at the pool, the Spa ladies came around offering free short massages as a promo and handed out flyers with package deals for couples massages and Spa treatment. The couple we were with bought a package but only if they alllowed us use of the facility for the week and they agreed.. They did kind of checked us out each time we went but we used it daily. The Hot pool and cold plunge pool and the water fall and total flood showers were just awesome. It was a highlight for that trip. We went every morning to shave, soak and shower, even though we had 3 bathrooms in our unit. Can't hurt to ask. See Ya Plus if ya do the timeshare pitch you may be able to get good spa deals. Have to tell ya when we did the presentation the first year, they were ruthless. Stay strong my friend!!!!!!

Edited: 29 April 2012, 14:16
Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Del Palmar Flamingos May 7 - 14

have a great vacation! we own at vdpf, visit a couple of times a year and love the resort but don't think the AI is a good value. not enough selection and can be hit or miss with the quality at the theme nights. it's really not AI but a meal and beverage plan. there are excellent restaurants in bucerias in all price ranges and if you are a steak lover (or just enjoy fine dining) we highly recommend la casona next door at villa la estancia. the food and service is as good as any fine upscale nyc steakhouse (and we've been to most of them LOL). also recommend getting into pv for a least one dinner. excellent restaurants. the spa is very nice but services can vary depending on the tech but that's the same anywhere. speak to the bellman for any tips on where to go or what to do! they are excellent (better than the concierge) especially alfonso. we travel frequently to many beach locales and the treatment we receive from the staff is the best we have experienced in all the years we've travelled. the only thing the resort and area is lacking is the beautiful blue hues of the caribbean but you get mountains and lush green forests instead.

Burlington, WA
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Del Palmar Flamingos May 7 - 14

We're leaving in 3 days and super excited! Does anyone know where we can find a map of all the properties and where they are in relation to the VDPF?

7. Re: Villa Del Palmar Flamingos May 7 - 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:17