We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marival Suites & Resorts - A few Questions

new york
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Marival Suites & Resorts - A few Questions

Hi Everyone,

I am considering staying here for a few nights.

Can anyone answer these questions?

1. Does this hotel have a towel card? How many towels can I get? Two? If someone takes my towel am I responsible to pay for it?

2. What is the difference between the Grand side and the other side of this hotel?

3. Is there waiter service on the beach?

4. Can I bring food from the buffet at lunch and eat it on the beach?

5. Can I make more than one reservation for dinner online before my arrival?

Thanks, everyone.

calgary
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marival Suites & Resorts - A few Questions

yes they have towel cards and is one towel per card.if you are responsable.

club side is a little more noisey in the eves and grand side is closer to ala cartes not that its much of a walk to anywhere on the resort.

no service on the beach unless you are staying at the marival residences then they have service on the beach in a vip section.

i have seen people do it but i believe it is not acceptable and have seen people get in trouble for trying.

i made a couple of resv online last time.

new york
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marival Suites & Resorts - A few Questions

Thanks, Stonecold.

Are there any differences that you are aware of in the rooms between the Grand and Club sides?

Would they give you more than 1 towel if you asked?

I have stayed at only Dreams properties so it's different, that's why I'm asking these questions.

Have you stayed at the Riu Palace Pacifico?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
937 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marival Suites & Resorts - A few Questions

I've stayed twice at the Marival (and we leave Friday for our third stay there) and also at Dreams PV. Dreams is more upscale for sure and caters to a more international clientele. We are going back to the Marival because it's so family friendly and we now have two small kids.

Yes, you get towel cards which I find annoying but we deal with it. As far as I know you can only get one towel at a time but I've never tried to get more.

The Club side is a little more updated, and that's where most of the suites are located. The Grand side is a little noisier in the day because that's where the activity pool is located.

No waiter service on the beach unless you're from the Residences, but you can bring drinks to the beach.

No, they don't want you taking any food from the restaurants. I've tried taking it back to our room and have been successful but I've also been asked not to take food out.

You can, theoretically, make advance reservations but I've not had much luck getting a response when I try to book ahead. I don't care for having to wait in the restaurant reservation line, but when I have done this I've always gotten a reservation where I wanted to eat. (But, I wish it was like Dreams and you could just go anywhere, anytime, without reservation.)

new york
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marival Suites & Resorts - A few Questions

Thanks, Abigail48.

The Marival Suites pretty much gets good reviews. I'm looking forward to my stay there in October.

Thanks, again.

5. Re: Marival Suites & Resorts - A few Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:15