We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

I've read in a couple reviews that the rooms at the Riu Jalisco DO NOT have alarm clocks. Really? I am travelling back in time, no computer, no mobile device, no none of that stuff. Hey, it's vacation. But, I'd like to think it's a vacation 20th century-style, not 19th century/pre-light bulb-style.

Can anyone confirm?

I like to wake up around 6-7 am and walk the beach/enjoy the quiet....

Am I actually going to bring my alarm clock from home?

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

I was just on the offical website for Riu Jalisco and alarm clocks are not mentioned so yes you might need that alarm clock from home.

I am pretty sure Marival never had alarm clocks nor did Playa Los Acros when we stayed at those resorts as well.

Both Dreams and Riu Pacifico had them so I am guessing it is just the higher end resorts that supply them?

All the resorts has room service, AC, pool loungers, and yes even light bulbs.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,313 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

Hmm.. Riu Vallarta has alarm clocks in room... Can't remember if Jalisco did or Not... I always take a tiny travel one as Back up any way.)get at dollar store.

They have internet connection in Lobby. and in the sports bar you can pay to use one.

Try the Royal de Cameron..(you are in Mexico LoL ) No inroom bar,or fridge, no clock, One bottle water, No shampoo or conditioner or lotion.must Pay for safe daily,

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,161 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

Does your cell phone work in Mexico? If so, you could probably set the alarm on the cell phone. Relax; you'll be on "Mexican Time". LOL!

calgary
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

why not just get the front desk to give you a standing wake up call.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

Sigh.....

I guess we now know what qualifies a place as a resort.

Stayed at Dreams PV last year. Already wishing we were going back. We extended our trip this year over more nights, but are splitting it between the Melia and the Jalisco.

We will see.

No cell phone, no need for internet (I think....trying not too). Front desk wake up call wakes up whole family (ie. there goes quiet time). Dollar store may be worth a shot.

You're all brilliant.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

surprisingly many resorts do not have alarm clocks. We never need one or just set husband's watch or get wake up call. Sometimes when we've had them, never worked anyway. If I want to check time I just turn on tv.

When in Mexico.lol

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

""""You're all brilliant.""""

Well, thank you :) I thought we were as we took the time to post that it would have taken you to google your guestion to find the answer.

""""Stayed at Dreams PV last year. Already wishing we were going back"""

Yea, usually you get what you paid for....After our visits to each Dreams it is hard to go down the resort scale.

I always bring my Iphone as a alarm clock in case I am afraid of waking up later then my usual time of 6-7 AM. So far have never needed it

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

Not sure if you're all still brilliant.

Anyway, for the record, NO ALARM CLOCKS at the Riu Jalsico. Solved the problem by not sleeping for 5 days. And by using my watch. So simple and such a trivial thing...just wished they had digital alarm clocks.

Cheers.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

bring a small alarm clock if it's that important. Many people at resorts are ON VACATION and don't care what time it is.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,313 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Really, Riu Jalisco? Really?

plus you can't rely on the Desk to Phone "A wake up call"