We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

Stayed there in our timeshare for 2 weeks. Every day, people would go down really early to the beach, drape their towels and beach bags on the front line chaises and then leave - to go golfing, shopping etc. Often those darn chairs sat empty for the whole morning with the people sauntering down after their lunch to take up their "residence". We got notices under our doors that you couldn't do it, but it didn't make a difference. We didn't feel right doing this so always ended up 2, 3 or 4 rows back. Does this bug anyone else and if so, what do you do? We were tempted to remove the stuff and take the chaises for ourselves, but always worried that a big burly guy would "catch" us and cause a big to-do!!!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

Bugs me too........................some people (Not us) would take the stuff off the chairs and put them in the second row and take their seats.

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

well could you move your loungers to the front ? Or are they not movable ? In many resorts we have stayed at the loungers can be moved around.

toronto
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

Good suggestion...only problem is the front row loungers are under a palapa...if you move yours in front, you have no shade at all. I have been so tempted to move the stuff but always think "what if they've just gone to the bathroom" or "what if they've gone to their room for a minute" ... how long is it reasonable to let them sit empty before moving in. I've seen groups of 4 or 6 have their chairs all together for a party - towels, books etc. but not show up for several hours.

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

yes I completely understand the frustration having seen people do this all the time. Its just not fair to others who actually want to use the space.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

We don't move stuff but am always tempted. I would love to one time, but I'm like you, what if they only ran to their room or went to have a quick bite at the hotel and come right back. It should just be more enforced, but this is a problem across the board everywhere, not just here. We were there in Jan. and really enjoyed it.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

after watching for any activity whatsoever for a couple of hours i've moved belongings which were clearly there only to "save" a chair, didn't give it a second thought, and never once had someone actually show up and want the chair!!!!! i don't have a problem when someone places their belongings on a chair for the day while in the pool, enjoying the ocean, walking on the beach, having a quick breakfast or lunch or even sitting at the pool bar. that's perfectly acceptable as you are still using it for the day just not sitting in it every minute. you are still at the pool or beach. but imo you can easily tell when someone has just "saved" a chair for hours without even being in the area and without any consideration for others who may actually want to spend their time at the pool or beach. our resort has a policy that is usually enforced but you can also report saved chairs and they will monitor the chair, remove belongings, and leave a notice where they may be claimed.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

Good for you Maryjo. I wish more people would do that!!

My problem is that with 3 little kids, we don't spend that much time in one place so often aren;t watching chairs for hours at a time because we move and I also think it's rude to hold spots at the pool and beach like many families do. That is just taking up double the spots. Because my kids spend so much time in the pool. We usually only grab 2 or 3 loungers, not 4 or 5, so easier to find, but it totally irks me when people do this.

St. Albert, Alberta
Level Contributor
260 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

Last winter on vacation we went to the pool about 8:30 am where we chose 2 chairs out of the many available. People came and went all morning until about 11:30 am when this big bully came up to me and accused me of stealing the chairs he had reserved at 6 that morning. I explained that when we arrived the chairs were empty, that perhaps the staff had moved his items, that maybe waiting 5.5 hours to claim his reserved chairs was unreasonable. He continued to yell at me until I yelled back. There were still chairs available but he tried to bully me out of mine. After finding 2 more chairs, he sat next to me briefly and then left again to have lunch! That episode left a very bitter taste in my mouth -- neither the staff or other guests in the area came to my aid although some did come up to me later to comment on what a jerk he was!

9. Re: My "beef" about Paradise Village!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta