We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone taken a timeshare presentation that was worth it?

toronto
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone taken a timeshare presentation that was worth it?

Friends in Punta Cana spent a total equal to about 7-8 hours (2 or 3 separate presentations)..ended up with about $300 plus gourmet breakfast plus whalewatching tour. Said it was worth the time they spent since they were there for 3 months. They knew they weren't buying anything and they said so did the "sellers"...they just needed to bring the bodies in. Anyone find any of these worth the time for the armtwisting??

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,797 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone taken a timeshare presentation that was worth it?

no

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,860 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone taken a timeshare presentation that was worth it?

I've done a couple dozen or so or more, since my first in 1981 in Honolulu. That first one was hilarious as we got physically thrown out (because we asked questions) but we did get a rental car for two days.

Fast forward 30 years --- I've done a handful-plus in the Vallarta area (been going there for 30 years) and it was a total waste of time, each time. I walk down the street and they offer me up to $400. To me, it's not worth it. My peaceful vacation time is worth more than getting stuck somewhere (where sometimes you are verbally assaulted for an extended time and then you have to find your way back).

I also have two very good friends who go to Mazatlan at least once a year and they make up personas (different appearances and accents and acts) and they do timeshare presentations 5 times in their 3-week vacation and make some money. Frankly, my personality would not be able to fake the con job they pull, to get the money. They are actors and I'm not.

Bottom-line --- sometimes it works and other times it's a complete waste. Every person has to choose for themselves, re what is important to that person (time, money, being assaulted verbally, etc.).

Hope this helps.

PS: I have done a couple of presentations where I actually bought (this was many, many years ago) and have been very happy with those purchases. The ones I've done (and not bought) have been a mess and not worth it --- so I stopped doing them about 5 years ago, despite all the offers.

3. Re: Has anyone taken a timeshare presentation that was worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 09:18