We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

Planning on spending our 33rd anniversary in NV. Would love an idea for a great restaurant with a view for New Years Eve. Also, what activities are available during xmas and new years? Are events planned during this time?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

JD tours have an excellent NYE boat tour. It leaves out of Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta. It includes all your drinks, party favors, and a snack buffet at midnight. You can ask them for more information at: http://jdtoursvallarta.com/ From the boat you will see the fireworks in Puerto Vallarta as well as all of the fireworks that go off around the bay. I went last year and it was fantastic. There is also a big party at YoYo Mo's and the Drunken duck in Bucerias. It is a NO cover charge party which includes live music at both bars, party favors, champagne at midnight, door prizes, and a snack buffet. There is also fireworks at midnight outside of YoYo Mo's.

Have a great trip!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

Thanks for the advice. Tour sound great. Are there any romantic restaurants in the area?

Edited: 04 October 2012, 14:25
Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

Where in Nuevo Vallarta will you be staying? If you'll be at a resort, they may have a romantic restaurant with a view.

In Bucerias, I would recommend Karen's or Mezzogiorno for a romantic anniversary dinner celebration; both are next to the beach. Perhaps others could give you their picks that are actually in NV.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

Thanks Elenamex , Does both places have a ocean view? We are staying @ Delcanto Resort. Any idea how far this is from Bucerias? Also Elena, do they have activities going on each night from xmas thru new years?

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,419 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

I believe Decanto is inbetween the Riu Vallarta and Riu Jalisco... so about a hour walk on beach.. Taxi about $5.00

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

Sea_lover, The reason I recommended the 2 Bucerias restaurants that I did is because both are right on the beach. Actually, my #1 "special occasion" restaurant in Bucerias is Mark's, which is 1 block from the beach and there is no view of the bay from it.

Sorry, I can't help you when it comes to specific resorts. I've had a condo in Bucerias for 11 years and I've never stayed in an NV resort. Does the resort have a website? Have you looked at the reviews here on the TripAdvisor? You may want to call or send the resort an e-mail if you're not able to easily find the info you're looking for on-line.

Good luck!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

Here is a link to the New Year's eve boat tour which leaves out of Paradise Village Marina. http://www.jdtoursvallarta.com/new-year-party Well worth the money spent on it.

Have a great trip!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

Thanks Nayarit08, looking forward to the tour. Sounds like fun, and being that our anniversary starts at midnight, we will really enjoy the cruise.

9. Re: Christmas / New Years in Nuevo Vallarta 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 00:19