We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

British Columbia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

Hello

I will be travelling to the riu vallarta in dec with our then 11 month old baby. We have stayed at riu vallarta before but I heard there is a walmart close by since I have been last.

Does the walmart or the mega have baby supplies? Diaper, food, wipes, ect... And how many pesos would it be in a taxi from the riu vallarta?!

Also we booked a junior suite?! Any suggestions on the room?

Please pm me if you have gone to the Riu with a baby before, I would love to ask ya some questions.

Thank you!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

Walmart has everything you need, as does Mega. They are both pretty close to your resort, Mega is a little closer.

Sorry I don't know how much the cab would be.

Have fun!

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

in the past we have paid $7 for taxi from Riu Palace Pacifico to Mega, so I am guessing that from Riu Vallarta it may not be more than $10 max.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,628 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

http://vallarta-info.com/nuevo.html

Mega is closer and is just as good as Walmart.. On the above link Mega is right where it says Move Up....

Family Paid $11.00 or 12. to the New Walmart. or as Agshah says taxi to Mega is Less $$.

Send me a PM if you want a good Jr.Suite room number.

Joy

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

I bring my babies and only ever bring enough for a day or two and do the shopping there so I don't have to haul everything. I even buy my formula there.

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

We're going to RIU Jalisco next month and I was wondering if they have READY TO FEED formula in any stores?

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

We're going to RIU Jalisco next month and I was wondering if anyone knows if stores down there have ready to feed formula or is it all powders?

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,628 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

Try posting on the Bucieras Forum...as they have Lots of Help there..There is the Mega Store (closer to Riu Jalisco than the Walmart) .

Make your Post... Baby formula ?? and see if you get MORE answers.

Joy

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

I did not see ready made formula, but I don't recall looking very hard. This was in the walmart and the grocery store in the Paradise Village mall. At home I use the liquid mix, but the powder was very easy and cheap. Just mixed it with bottled water.

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Village
Paradise Village
96 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
British Columbia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

thank you so much! I will be buying most stuff down there so I dont have to pack a whole bunch!

North Battleford...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Vallarta-- Does Walmart sell baby stuff?!

Mega will have everything baby related that you will need and carries the Brand name baby products that will be familar to you.

We took a taxi van to the Mega from the Riu Vallarta for 4 adults and 3 kids for a total of 120 pesos. It ended up being less expensive on the return trip. I think we were quoted a price of 60 pesos for a taxi car if only 2 people were to go.