We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

Invermere, British...
Level Contributor
110 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

It's kind of weird how I just noticed that a review I did in May of a Hotel has just disappeared and reduced me from a "Contributor Badge" to Senior Reviewer! I have emailed Trip Advisor, but do not have an answer back. Anyone else notice this happening to them?

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

perhaps it was taken out because people flagged it as inappropriate ? There is a button on each review that you can click to report a problem with the review...

Invermere, British...
Level Contributor
110 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

It was a very nice review of a New Orleans Hotel that we really liked, can't imagine that there was anything inappropriate in the review. But if that was the case, why is it taking Trip Advisor so long to respond to my email??

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

Why are you asking about a review you did about a New Orleans Hotel on the Mexico Forums?

Invermere, British...
Level Contributor
110 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed reviews disappearing.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

I believe you are allowed two reviews for any given establisment. After that you lose the older ones.....and from my experience...I had to notify TA that I was sending in another review. Alas I too used to lose great reviews ;(

I would certainly ask this question in the proper forum as it is a good question :)

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,930 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

I was under the impression you now could put a review in to the same establishment every 3 months since many repeat travelers on this forum...

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,458 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

Not sure which establishment you are referring to but it happened to me a couple of years ago and it was because the hotel changed ownership and TA gives the right to the new owners to drop all the previous reviews.

Could be for a number of different reasons but that's what happened to me. After that happened, I print a copy of my Review List periodically so I at least know which one it is and can address it with TA, as to the specific reason it was eliminated.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,930 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

I too keep copies of all my reviews Marly...but do I back up my computer regularly ...no...ugh so recently I have lost pictures emails ..etc..

Invermere, British...
Level Contributor
110 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

That is probably what happened in this case, as there are just a few reviews at the Hotel. What a good idea to keep copies of reviews! I am going to start doing that too.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,930 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone else lose a review or have it dropped from your list?

Ever write a review online, then try to submit and the system malfunctions or power goes out..guess what all your typing was for naught, happened tome twice after that I write my review off line first, then copy it online...

I have never copied a list of my submitted reviews but that might be a good idea as well...since I have quite a few I might not even notice one missing, if I had list then I could just resubmit I guess...hmm good idea..