We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
318 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

Just back from a week at the Grand Luxxe. Would be happy to answer any questions.

wa
Level Contributor
222 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

Hope you had a wonderful vacation.

So I understand they are re configuring the punta pools and putting in a waterways around the Luxxe bldgs. What do you think this is for.? I have heard for transportation. ie Gondolas That was one of the original ideas way back when we upgraded or Lazy river? which also was on there to do list.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

When I was there, it didn't look like a lazy river was being put in. It's too narrow a piece of land for a lazy river like the one at the Grand Mayan.

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta
The Grand Mayan Nuevo...
3,913 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
michigan
Level Contributor
768 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

How far ahead should we make golf reservations?

Update on which buildings are most impacted by construction noise.

Is the train system working yet. Where do you check in?

thanks,

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
318 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

Punta pool is still being worked on. It was actually done last year but we were told the owner didn't like something about it plus they had some foundation issues when the dredged the river more so it had to be redone. We were told the waterways are for Goldola's - do not see a lazy river..

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
318 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

Dee - We didn't golf so I can't help how far in advance the tee times should be booked.

We were in Tower 2 9th floor on the side angling toward Mayan Palace. There was construction on the Mayan Palace but really wasn't that bad I think because we were up so high. I would say building 3A/3B probably would be the building impacted most as they are bulding 4A/4B right next door. They only let you walk to Tower 2, everyplace else you will need to take a shuttle. Shuttles are a bit confusing... They have signs of where they are going in the window but be sure to ask first as they are not always right. The train system was not running but the tracks are laid and we did see the train so it's close. You get dropped off at the Sanctuario, large thatch roof building if you were there last year. If you are in Tower 1 or 2 - right now you check in at Tower 1. Tower 3 check-in is in Tower 3. We were told that all construction on these building needs to be completed within 42 months due to some law in Mexico and the fact that right now they don't have the correct ratio of room availaiblity to contracts sold.

michigan
Level Contributor
768 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

Thanks for the great update.

It seems each year it is a surprise what we will find!

Can't believe the Punta pool has been torn up...it was brand new...hopefully it will be heated this year.

The beach areas and hot tubs were nice too and I loved the infinity pool's view

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

The infinity pool closest to the beach and the Mayan Palace pool was still there at the end of August, but not being used. I don't think that pool will be removed.

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
318 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

The Luxxe Infinity Pool is adult only and was quite busy. The Mayan pool was very empty - great place to hang out and read if you're looking for quiet. They also opened a new pool for Grand Bliss which has a swim up bar but no infinity.

michigan
Level Contributor
768 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

When we were there last year there were areas at the Grand Luxxe Punta pool that were reserved for platinum members, is that still the case? Any new restaurants on site or near-by? We supposedly have a 3 bedroom for this March..we will see what we get!!!

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
318 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Grand Luxxe - Any Questions?

@DeeMichigan - There were quite a few areas being reserved at the Luxxe pool for the Platinum members. The pool section furthest away from Punta seemed to be used by a lot of families with small kids and then as you moved toward Punta the vibe changed a bit and we saw more chairs being reserved. If you are not Platinum you will have to get to that pool early if you want a chair. We were told it should get better once the Punta pool opens, with more choices.. As far as restaurants they relocated the Punta Arena from the point to the Havana Moon location and in first level of Punta they opened a restaurant Burgers and More. Very beautiful setup both inside and out, although you could still hear the construction. They had opened the week were there and have a lot of "bugs" to iron out. Service was very slow and they didn't have any of our wine choices and were not willing to substitute. I had read that Mr. Cream was opening in the Paradise Village area but we did not make it there. In the Marina there is Eddie's new restaurant Por Que No and depending on when you were there there are a few new restaurants in the 3.1.4 building behind the Marival area. Also we saw that the "No Name Bar" moved to the Marina Vallarta area.

Mentioned in this post
Havana Moon
Havana Moon
251 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Paradise Village
Paradise Village
96 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Por Que No?
Por Que No?
275 Reviews