We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not to miss??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
817 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Not to miss??

Hi all..

this is my second trip to Nuevo Vallarta..the last time I was there was in 2004.... so it's been awhile... we barely left the resort.. were there with a group for a 40th birthday and pretty much hung out there.

Going with my husband this time.. we are not partiers or heavy drinkers but do enjoy the shows etc.... early to bed, early to rise.. hate wasting my days sleeping when I"m on holidays.. weekends at home are a different thing!

we did walk to Bucerias the last time we were there and definately plan on doing that again... did the turtle release and will do that again.. is it still just up the beach from the Riu Vallarta? This trip is for relaxing.. last trip to Mexico we went to the east coast and did lots of excursions so this we really just want to chill... that being said.. what should we not miss?

any restaurants that you never miss? one of us likes seafood... any beach not to be missed?... Sayulita? never been there.. is it worth the trip?

we are staying at the Riu Vallarta... 1st week of March. I don't want to get there and miss something!!

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,110 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not to miss??

The entire stretch of beach is great; it goes on and on for miles.

My #1 pick for a tour is whale-watching. Breathtaking, IMO. I also like the Marigalante, AKA the "Pirate Ship. My top pick for a restaurant in Bucerias is Mark's. Pricey, but worth it. It's been my "go-to" place for about 10 years now. I also really like Karen's, Encore, Sandrina's and Breakers, which is on the beach.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
817 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not to miss??

thank you so much for your reply! I will add a few of those to the list!

are Karen's Encore, Sandrina's and Breakers also in Bucerias? ( guess I could look the up now couldnt I! LOL )

thanks again!

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not to miss??

I agree with Elana.But do go to PV

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
817 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not to miss??

Ok will do... Didn't go the 1st time...

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Not to miss??

If you take in a Whale tour. A smaller boat like a Zodiac is better they depart early a bit faster then larger boats and less crowded. Bring you camera,water and jacket AM can be cool ,also you MAY want to take some dramamine a few days before your tour so that it is in your system.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not to miss??

Kereoyke at Cafe Roma in P.V. on Monday, Wednesday or Friday.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not to miss??

My favorite breakfast places are Sweet Thing and Encore. For lunch I like Mar y Sol, El Gordo, Casa Triskell, and Red Apple. For dinner I go to Sonora A La Parrilla, Taco's Junior, Rosa Mexicana, and of course YoYo Mo`s for pizza. All of these restaurants are in Bucerias.

Have a great trip!

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,110 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not to miss??

Yes, All of the places I mentioned are in Bucerias. You can see reviews here on the Bucerias Forum. I also like Sweet Thing and Los Pericos for breakfast.

There aren't many restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta. I like Eddie's Nopal Beach, though.

San Rafael...
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
434 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not to miss??

We always go to Sayulita at least once while we are there. For us, it is relaxing and beautiful. Sitting on the beach, watching people surf, paddle board and eating good food from Don Pedro's or Choco Banana's. I hope you give it a try. Have a wonderful time.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not to miss??

You can take a bus to the Malecon, nice way to spend a day. Bucerias is about 45 minute walk north, on the beach from the Riu Vallarta. The beach area is easy to walk. YoYo Mo's is a good place to eat.