We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Espn beachside

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
indy
Level Contributor
176 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Espn beachside

Hi,

Is there a beach bar in Nuevo or Becerius (sp) where I can watch ESPN on Sun 1/27. I'm an IU guy and my lovely, yet misguided wife, is an MSU fan. We don't want to waste an afternoon in paradise sitting in a sports bar, but thought somewhere on the beach where we could follow MSU getting beat would be fun. (I only ask b/c years ago in Negril our hotel put some tv's beachside so we could watch March Madness 20' from the sea). Thanks as always for any help . (btw, I don't need to be reminded of how inane this post is, but if you can't help yourself have at it). Almost vacation time!

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Espn beachside

If you are unsuccesful in finding a TV on the beach, perhaps a smartphone and wifi for updates could be an option. Check your phone plan as it may not be dollar friendly. Yes viewing a sporting event on TV inside during the day, would be a costly venture while in sunny Mexico. Hope you find your fix!

indy
Level Contributor
176 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Espn beachside

Thanks for the input. Thought I'd get more tripadvisor "abuse" for that question. Location loyalists seem to get touchy whenever people ask about crime/safety, sharks, or sports bars. 😜

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Espn beachside

Don't if you can watch it from the beach but Yo Yo Mo's in Bucerias is a great Sports Bar with very good Pizza and Chicken Wings.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Espn beachside

Breakers is on the beach, you would be able to at least see the ocean. As to whether they will have your game, I don't know.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Espn beachside

Not sure of beach bars that will have it on. Your best bet would be to walk along the beach and ask the different bars if they have ESPN. I do know that YoYo Mo's will have it as they do have 3 satellites to show all sports but they aren't on the beach. If you can't find anything and you want to watch it, go there. They do have great pizza and chicken wings.

Have a great trip!

indy
Level Contributor
176 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Espn beachside

Thanks! Yo Yos is already on our radar due to all the great reviews. Can't wait to get there.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Espn beachside

Where are you staying? At Dreams VM their beach bar has a couple TVs. We were there during football season and they had games playing on Sunday!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Espn beachside

We were at Dreams VM in May 2011 and they had the hockey games on at the beach bar.

After a few tequila shots every time the canucks scored it all got a bit fuzzy.......LOL

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,711 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Espn beachside

In October, the beach bar at Dreams VM had college football on Saturday and NFL on Sunday.

10. Re: Espn beachside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:15