We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transportation

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Airport transportation

My wife and I will be traveling in March and were wondering about options for airport transportation from the PV airport to Nuevo Vallarta. More specifically, we are staying at Grand Velas. I know taxis are available, but was wondering if anybody has used any specific transportation companies to go to and from the airport and hotel. My wife is a little hesitant to use the taxis, so any help would be appreciated!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transportation

Mpise12, It is very safe to take a cab from the airport.

Have a good holiday. Enjoy.

Here is a link with info on getting a cab from the airport.

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g150793-c68873/Puerto-…

Edited: 23 January 2013, 02:10
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transportation

Taxis are newer models with AC. Much cheaper than prearranged transportation. Return taxi to the airport will be about 60% of the outgoing fare.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transportation

The airport taxis are plentiful, organized, and safe. There is nothing to be concerned about with regard to using them. It's about a 20 minute ride to Grand Velas, on divided highway / roads the entire way.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transportation

Forget booking a Pre arranged and paid for transport... They cost More and they just put you in a Cab anyways...we learned the hard way....lol

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,195 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transportation

If your wife wants to take a private transfer service, I can personally recommend Superior Tours as a company.

superiortoursvallarta.com/transfers2011.html

If you take a regular taxi, and it´s perfectly safe and cheaper, do make sure you read the taxi thread so as to avoid being way-laid in the Timeshare area which is between Customs and where you get a taxi. I arrived January 3rd, so I updated the taxi thread from personal experience.

All the best, and if you have questions please post back.

L

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transportation

Thank you all for the information. Sounds like bypassing the time-share area and heading to the taxi stand to the right is the way to go. Again, we appreciate all the help!

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transportation

I would contact the grand velas directly we had them set up transport I believe when we went in Dec 2012 it was $30 each way for 5 people. You go directly to the vip reception section at the airport and they get you to your car. no sharing go directly to the resort. Weve stayed at GV 4 times always letting them set up transport.

8. Re: Airport transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 06:19